SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been trying to trouble shoot my A/C in my 02 9-5 aero.

Basically the problem is that the air blows ambient for about 2 mins after starting the car from sitting for a long period. I have no errors in my ACC by running "auto + off"

After that approx 2 minute period it starts to blow ice cold. I realized that my fans are not turning on when the A/C compressor engages. Both high and low speed work. I was thinking it was the relay but after that 2 minute wait, the fans will turn on.

Aren't the fans supposed to turn on immediately when the compressor engages? Are they supposed to come on high or low speed? Could it be as simple as the relay needing to be replaced?

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
So I have been trying to trouble shoot my A/C in my 02 9-5 aero.

Basically the problem is that the air blows ambient for about 2 mins after starting the car from sitting for a long period. I have no errors in my ACC by running "auto + off"

After that approx 2 minute period it starts to blow ice cold. I realized that my fans are not turning on when the A/C compressor engages. Both high and low speed work. I was thinking it was the relay but after that 2 minute wait, the fans will turn on.

Aren't the fans supposed to turn on immediately when the compressor engages? Are they supposed to come on high or low speed? Could it be as simple as the relay needing to be replaced?
They come on at both speeds........it varies during the time you have the a/c on. I don't believe they kick on immeditiately. There is a delay. Outside temp may factor into that. Another thing is if the inside cabin temp is not much higher than your temp setting the recirc. won't kick on. You have to down the increments on the display for it to kick in. That may be why your fans aren't kicking on.....your temp isn't set low enough under your current cabin temp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts