SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is hot and humid, 85F outside temperature, coming home from work, parked the car and turned the engine off, got out the car and noticed the radiator fan was still running, opened hood and confirmed the radiator fan was running, went back to the car, turned the key to on and turned off, pulled the key out, radiator fan was still running, so I fired up engine again, shut off engine, tried couple of times then the radiator fan was off. AC was set to auto so AC was running when this happened, coolant temperature gauge needle was dead in the middle. So is this normal on 9-3? My car is 2006 Aero 2.8T, I know some cars are designed this way to cool off engine after engine is turned off, but I am not sure this is also the case for Saab 9-3, I didn't leave the fan running fearing that it might drain the battery dry.

·
Super Moderator
9,120 Posts
you've drain the battery even more by starting it that just letting the fan run and see if it shuts off..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, yesterday came back home from work, a nice solid 50 minutes drive mixed with highway and local in sub 90F temperature, again, cooling fan kept running after engine shut off, it run about 3 ~ 4 minutes before shut off, checked coolant level in the morning, coolant level is fine, and car started right up, so I don't need to worry about battery drain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts