SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks like I may have to replace the radiator myself as my mechanic is not available for 2 1/2 more weeks and I can't wait that long; and I'll get to learn a bit. he mentioned that I need transmission cooler o ring seals; but I don't know if it's a set that I need or just one as in here (just one):
and here (a set):

I have a 2006 9-5 wagon
thanks.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
You'll need four of the seals if you're just replacing the radiator. Each of the two hoses uses two seals on each end. I started going through so many of those for various projects that I bought a set from Amazon. I'm sure they'll last me at least a decade. They're sometimes referred to as Dowty washers, so that's one term you can search for.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
as for the cooler line, would it be something like the 2 rubber ones in the first picture with the blue ends in this post?

and the seals go on the non-blue end?

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Also you need to be really careful when you put the bolts in that hold the lines into the radiator. There are two "nuts" that you need to keep from moving while you tighten the banjo bolts for the trans oil cooler lines. This keeps the cooler inside from turning and breaking (which then mixes coolant and transmission oil)

you can probably re-use the seals in a pinch, but I'd replace them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i know for sure lower radiator hose should be replaced at the same time, since it's so hard to get to. but do you guys also recommended changing the upper radiator hose? it looks to be super simple to replace that it can be done later/if necessary; thanks!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts