SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to install a KIC kit to my 95 900 se and it did not fit. I bought the kit from Genunine, and nick said I will be able to get my money back. But I would like to know if I can still improve my steering rack, nick told me that I could butit would be useless because my car already has a good rubber bushing. I looked @ mpperformance, but my only problem is the way they put the rubber to the brace. I bought the KIC because I heard that it was the best and would not fail. Is it worth my time and money to go with mpperformance, or should I get somthing else to upgrade my suspension? ;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Why didn't it fit?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old suspensions? is that bad or good? I have my car lowered with intrax springs and it rides pretty good

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The front suspension is attached in a different way on the early model.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Contacted MP Performance twice and got no answer, i take it they dont want my buisness:roll: I would like to buy a MBC+A as i cant seem to get one here in UK, also asked if the steering rack clamp and brace would fit a RHD car but no response, anyone?

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
It brought a tear to my eye. You guys actually listen to all my rants about the suspension.:cry: :cheesy:

Kstem, check the front end of your car, and compare with this pic.

If you don't have the new style, order the kit with the upgraded bushings and the 24mm front bar from Nick. He knows what to do.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yes it does fit RHD cars but you need to specify upon ordering. I fitted one earlier on this year and have been happy with it but not entirely blown away with it. It has recently started groaning at low speed turning and i am told this is the rubber coming loose. This isn't meant to happen as it is "supposed" to be the modified version. I do very few miles in the vert and the clamp and brace was a cow to fit so it is up to you if you want to do it. I am not sure i would again and am considering going back to OEM. hope this helps:eek:
dubburke said:
Contacted MP Performance twice and got no answer, i take it they dont want my buisness:roll: I would like to buy a MBC+A as i cant seem to get one here in UK, also asked if the steering rack clamp and brace would fit a RHD car but no response, anyone?

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
ricot83 said:
95 suspension sux.. different control arm design and such
I've heard this a great deal, but I've yet to see an acceptable explaination as to why, to me it looks like the design was changed on the Cavalier [due to a structural weakness in the early pressed steel examples on the Cav's] as the Saab build is from the same parts bin, they had to change too, I'm sure this is the reason - not handling, but fatigue with the cheaper steel parts on other Euro J bodies.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I can vouch for the major reduction in torque steer as well as steering response is much greater but Ive only had it for a month or 2

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'll second that. I put the brace and clamp onto my car before my horsepower upgrades, like a good boy should. After test driving a Viggen on Monday that felt to have similar power, I can say that it was all over the road compared to my car. I hadn't really gotten what people were complaining about with torque steer until I drove that thing. Gawd!

·
Registered
642 Posts
your not kidding, I like a moron, had stage 3 software and hardware, w/o . The car pretty much went where it wanted. 2nd gear was like an amusement park ride. but all good now, straight as an arrow

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I take it that I dont need a steering rack brace kit. Right? If I dont need it then shuld I go with the six point subframe brace or the control arms? (already got lowered suspension, and rear sway bar)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts