SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed new rear rotors and pads so I decided to go ahead and change everything including fronts. It took me a month to decide on the stock rotors/pads or bite the bullet and try the R1 Concepts drilled and diamond slotted/ebc red stuff. I've read that they usually won't make a difference but I thought I would try.The drilled and slotted really made a difference with break fade. The Red Stuff pads really bite after a few stops. Intial breaking they felt like my old rotors and pads. I have a little over 400 miles on them with half a day of autox. I'll let you know how they hold up in the long run. So far so good. Oh and I don't work for either company. I thought I would post in case anyone else wanted to try them.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Xeo01 said:
I needed new rear rotors and pads so I decided to go ahead and change everything including fronts. It took me a month to decide on the stock rotors/pads or bite the bullet and try the R1 Concepts drilled and diamond slotted/ebc red stuff. I've read that they usually won't make a difference but I thought I would try.The drilled and slotted really made a difference with break fade. The Red Stuff pads really bite after a few stops. Intial breaking they felt like my old rotors and pads. I have a little over 400 miles on them with half a day of autox. I'll let you know how they hold up in the long run. So far so good. Oh and I don't work for either company. I thought I would post in case anyone else wanted to try them.
That's one hell of a comute since they are in Anaheim Hills, across the hills from me. I've used them on three cars and find their rotors outstanding for longevity without craking.

Tim

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You lost me. :D I didn't drive to Cali to pick them up. They shipped them to me. I've driven 400 miles locally with them. I also did some autoX with a few buddies here in cinci. I agree these are very good rotors.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Xeo01 said:
You lost me. :D I didn't drive to Cali to pick them up. They shipped them to me. I've driven 400 miles locally with them. I also did some autoX with a few buddies here in cinci. I agree these are very good rotors.
You claimed you don't work for either company....R1 is a local company to SoCal and if you did work for they it would be one hell of a drive to work each day....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts