SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Looking for some rotors and came across R1 concept rotors. Drilled and slotted looks good and the Zinc plated dark ones on evil bay (they do fade away on use). I have looked at other post more than 10 years back and people say they are good. Has anyone purchased rotors from R1 concepts, resently? I will be using it with akebone euro pads.

I could just get plain rotors from rockauto, of the centic brand.

Car is a viggen

Thanks

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I used to like R1 and bought a lot brakes from them, but around 10 years ago they got a lot more expensive without a quality bump to match. Today, I think I would stick with a national brand at the same price.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Used to be Centric had a cryo-treated directionally slotted rotor, but it appears they don't anymore. My backup choice would be Stoptech (which is made by Centric... ) available from tirerack.com. They get more expensive when they say Stoptech, but you do get the coated hat which is nice.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to stick with Zimmermann, non slotted and drilled. I am looking and price point and functionality rather than looks.

·
Registered
18,391 Posts
I am going to stick with Zimmermann, non slotted and drilled. I am looking and price point and functionality rather than looks.
If you just want a hard rotor that's non-slotted, consider the Centric "power alloy". That's the same one they use to make the slotted rotors. Usually in the $45 to $50 range at Rock.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Agreed. If you are just getting plain rotors there's no reason to pay extra for Zimmerman over the Centric PA line. Zimmerman are strong OE-quality, but nothing special.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts