SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I love my exhaust tone. It sounds perfect but at 2.5k-3.5k it is way too loud. I'm going to get into trouble around here with the 5.0 since its thats loud. I have a 18" hushpower resonator on there but I was thinking of adding another small resonator or trying to find a really big resonator. Problem is I cant seem to find one thats as big as the stock resonator. Mine is kinda shoot so I threw it out. So help me out guys. What can I do? A shop said I could go old school and stuff some steel wool in the muffler to quiet it down but how long does that last?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my idea right now is to swap out the flowmaster huspower and install a magnaflow 13741 muffler. Basically a 7" round 30" muffler (36" overall). Anybody think that would quiet things down enough? $70 for one of those plus the shop to install.... I just really want to keep the mufflers. They look great and have a great tone. Just need to cut down the loudness at mid rpms.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn...nothing huh? I was hoping somebody would know if I put a bigger resonator/muffler on there it would cut the sound down...have to try and contact magnaflow tomorrow I guess

·
Registered
214 Posts
what did you do to the exhaust set up? Just mufflers? Haha, steel wool in the mufflers. Just get a diff muffler.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what did you do to the exhaust set up? Just mufflers? Haha, steel wool in the mufflers. Just get a diff muffler.
Swapped the stock resonator to a 18" hushpower and added dual magnaflow mufflers. The mufflers are bigger, straight through, and 4" tips so they add some loud tone. I just want to cut out the volume at 2.5k-3.5k. It's the only area that is just overpowering and will get me into trouble. I'm hoping that adding a 27" muffler in the middle (as a resonator) to cut the volume.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will cut the tone down. Just way too much mufflers . heh..
Haha yes the mufflers are slightly larger. I'll post pics tomorrow tho. You'll like it ha. My other thought is to go ahead and get some smaller round mufflers with new tips. Just don't know whats going to make the sound best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts