SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a resonator to the mid-section of their Saab Sport exhaust?

Once the muffler has broken in, the Saab Sport is extremely loud when mated with the GS V2 3" downpipe. Don't get me wrong, its a nice sound, but its a bit much for a daily driver that's not making big power numbers with the thumping, popping, and all the other cool sounds it makes echoing off every building I pass in the morning on the way into the office.

I was debating adding a small stainless straight-through resonator in the midsection, I know GS used to offer the exhaust with this pre-installed as an option. Has anyone done this, and if so how does it sound?

·
Registered
81 Posts
For reference the BSR 2.5" catback is very quiet behind the GS V2 dp on my gf's 9-3. Im not sure what the different is but Id try to copy whatever this has extra. Its barely louder then stock and great for a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, thanks. Ideally I'd like something about midway between stock quiet and its current "quite loud" volume.

How is the stage 3 on the auto? Mine's also auto and I have all the hardware needed for a stage 3, but have so far left the ECU stock, partially for reliability concerns.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i plan on making a 3in turbo back with a resonator and high flow muffler. my uncle, who is helping me, has made plenty of exhausts on twin turbo audi's and they have the same set up as im going for and he says that none of them were really that loud. so i think just a resonator should be all you need.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love those sounds. Especially when you put the hammer down under an overpass....
I do too, but on a auto car that's more daily driver than modded fast car, its just a bit much for me. I'd feel differently if it was manual and 300+whp, but its not. :confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmm, thanks. Ideally I'd like something about midway between stock quiet and its current "quite loud" volume.

How is the stage 3 on the auto? Mine's also auto and I have all the hardware needed for a stage 3, but have so far left the ECU stock, partially for reliability concerns.
The JZW tune made a huge difference. Its been low 14s at the track and is an excellent daily driver and very reliable so far. It actually drives better then it did with the stock tune. She does beat on it from time to time too and the trans is holding strong. And I agree auto cars sound bad when they are too loud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts