SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Not sure of the etiquette whether to add on to an existing thread or ask on a new one...

I got my 9-3 at the beginning of last month and after reading the 'xenons not bright' thread, decided that my bulbs were dim from age and changed them using Philips bulbs, I noticed that my throw pattern is off (driver side is quite a bit higher than the pass side) and was wondering if there is something I can do, or the dealership needs to do it. The lights do correctly perform their calibration on start.

From what I've read in the wis under auto headlamp adjustment, they say to go into config with the tech 2 and then follow the headlight setting link (brings you to us/can and Eu), and there are standard headlight aiming. It says 25ft from the wall, xenon users start engine for calibration run, then ignition off, then dipped beam on (which I assume is ignition on as the xenons only go up and down with start) and use the two screws with equal turns each to bring the light up or down to be 2 inches lower than the height of the measure point on the lense.

So am I reading that I need a tech two, or will the calibration and manual screw adj described above save me a million dollars ??

Thanks in advance

Ryan

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
Do it manually. Google will give you a good idea of what it should look like.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Diggs is right, uu can swing it manually. But the Tech2 method enables uu to sync the stepper motors back to their default setting, then u can tweak the rest with a few turns on the manual adjusters. Also make sure your new bulbs are sitting flush in the hole behind the projector, and that they're not slightly canted by a few degrees. As that would throw your beam pattern off as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, got them adjusted after work today. The one that I thought was high was actually at the right height, so brought the other one up and can't wait to see how much brighter the roads are going to be now :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.