SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, ooop.

I'm hunting around for some suspension stuff to get the 9000 sitting a bit lower, however the majority of the good (and available stuff) listed or stocked is for 2.3 turbos up to '91. Was the suspension dramatically changed after this? Basically would it fit onto a '93 2.0 turbo car?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure that all the springs will interchange throughout the range. I know that the dampers are different thickness & have different oil/gas velocity to account the heavy braking load from the 2.3s.

Please correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, a 93 2.0t is right.

Just there seems to be lots of springs available for the previous gen 9000's but none for the newer stuff. Will just have to find some aero dampers to complement the springs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i saw those when they were on ebay. Neo Bros have aero set ups quite a lot so i might use the dampers with aftermarket springs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If it's lower you want why not try Abbott Racing. I don't mean new springs but good second hand. My mate wanted a set & i managed to win a set of four good second hand springs on eBay sold by Abbott Racing for £40. They do spring changes all the time & must have sets of them. Give them a ring it's got to be worth a try.

I don't know if you are familure but the springs are all have color coded paint on them to identify the strength of the spring to the model of the car.

Aero springs are colored, yellow-white-white-white-yellow.

So if you go for Aero springs now you will know you have the right ones & if you cant see the colors then they are rusty beyond safe use or they are pulling a flanker.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The aero stuff is only -35 isn't it? I'm not too interested in the performance (on the 9000 at least) But want more a right stance. So looking for at least a 60 mm drop. I will start looking around.

·
Registered
987 Posts
60 mm drop will have you rubbing your front bumper on anything bigger than a pebble. The standard Aero already bottoms out way too easy.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Aero springs are -10mm on stock iirc.

-40 is on the deck and can generate exhaust and definitely bottoming issues. Maybe the 40s I haver seen have sunk further or something, but they are pretty low.
-60 is mad - I expect it might be undrivable and I doubt the suspension will work properly at all.
The issue is more at the rear - you could probably get away with 60 at the front and use spacers at the rear.
I dont think there are any 60 drops on the market - but maybe you can find one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My volvo is on a 110mm drop so i'm used to driving down roads looking out for pebbles and ants :lol:

Yeah i've noticed the front splitter is stupidly low, will have to do something about that.

·
Registered
730 Posts
still not sure what car you want springs for.
by your name it says 900, you said 9000, and also 93?

If you're looking for 9000 springs I got H&R's, either from partsforsaabs, or genuinesaab, cant remember

1 - 14 of 14 Posts