SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
1,078 Posts
Hi there. Sounds like it might be something related to our recent move to Google Cloud. Sometimes when switching browsers, it shakes out some bugs and glitches in the process. It might also be IE related as we've noticed more and more issues surfacing with that browser. Just for the sake of testing, have you tried using a different browser to see if you have the same issue? It seems to be working okay on my end (Macbook Air/Chrome) so just trying to narrow down what might be happening on your end.

Cheers,

Erik

Testing smilies to make sure that they work - ;) ;ol;

·
Super Moderator
8,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the Quick Reply box at the bottom center of the screen doesn't work. I get this:

to post a reply in a thread you've always had to click the message icon (with the quill).

when you clicked on that it allowed you to reply in the thread,but now when I do it,it's quotes..

·
Administrator
1,078 Posts
I'm trying to replicate the issue, but haven't been able to thus far.

Testing emoticons...
;ol;:roll::evil::p:nono;

Not seeing any quoted text added...

Let's see how it posts....

Erik

·
Administrator
1,078 Posts
So, we just tested this site using IE and found that there were a number of troubles using the site with IE, for various functions. I did not see the 2 quote icon issue, but I did have the problem with the smilies. We discovered that if you push the source button in the upper right hand corner or the reply box (looks like a capitol 'A' with a small 'A' in the corner). If you push that button, we found that the smilies started to work. Give this a try and let us know if it works for you.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Administrator
1,078 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the emoji trick worked for you aerojon! As for the reply icon/quoting issue, I'll try digging a little deeper to see if I can find out more, but my first thought is that it's IE related (since I cannot get it to happen on my end). Do you know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue?

Erik

1 - 16 of 16 Posts