SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been doing some research and I think I have the answer, but I want to confirm. The Candi module should be used on the NG9-3 and the 9-5 from 2006 and later, correct? Is it true that using the Candi where it isn't supposed to be used can damage the vehicle's electrical system?

TIA.;ol;

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
You are right on the models, and that's what Saab states regarding usage. I don't think anyone has tried it to find out for sure. :confused:

As to what happens when you connect to one of those later cars without a CANdi, I think it doesn't connect, but again, I'm not going to try it.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
If you connect TECH2 to ng 9-3 or og 9-5 my 06-> W/O candi, TECH wil telll you to use candi.
It will cause no harm to car or TECH2.

If you connect TECH2 with candi to car which donot need it, TECH2 will tell this also.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you connect TECH2 to ng 9-3 or og 9-5 my 06-> W/O candi, TECH wil telll you to use candi.
It will cause no harm to car or TECH2.

If you connect TECH2 with candi to car which donot need it, TECH2 will tell this also.
Good info, thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You are right on the models, and that's what Saab states regarding usage. I don't think anyone has tried it to find out for sure. :confused:

As to what happens when you connect to one of those later cars without a CANdi, I think it doesn't connect, but again, I'm not going to try it.
i connected my tech 2 qith a candi to my 04 9-3 now my tech wont connect whatsoever. keeps saying to connect candi and reset. so yeah dont do it because i bought my tech and still havent used it for a single thing

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2004 9-3 and I definitely need to use the Candi module. I'd check your connections to make sure all the plugs are fully seated.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
All 9440 require CANdi. @adioka91 - you've got something else going on. A defective or broken component. As Mimmi indicated, nothing bad happens if it's connected unnecessarily or not connected when required. When you select the model and year, Tech 2 will issue guidance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts