SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been doing some research and I think I have the answer, but I want to confirm. The Candi module should be used on the NG9-3 and the 9-5 from 2006 and later, correct? Is it true that using the Candi where it isn't supposed to be used can damage the vehicle's electrical system?

TIA.;ol;

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
You are right on the models, and that's what Saab states regarding usage. I don't think anyone has tried it to find out for sure. :confused:

As to what happens when you connect to one of those later cars without a CANdi, I think it doesn't connect, but again, I'm not going to try it.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
If you connect TECH2 to ng 9-3 or og 9-5 my 06-> W/O candi, TECH wil telll you to use candi.
It will cause no harm to car or TECH2.

If you connect TECH2 with candi to car which donot need it, TECH2 will tell this also.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you connect TECH2 to ng 9-3 or og 9-5 my 06-> W/O candi, TECH wil telll you to use candi.
It will cause no harm to car or TECH2.

If you connect TECH2 with candi to car which donot need it, TECH2 will tell this also.
Good info, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Jim B
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing