SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my Mum's 9-3 S and am enjoying the increased comfort levels over my old 900 (A/C etc). It has also has an electric aeriel which seems to have dark deposits around the joins. Is this simply dirt that I should rub off or is it some solid lubricant I should leave be? It is very fine and kind of like crushed pencil lead. Should I wipe it off and lubricate the joins with something like WD-40?
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Keep her clean, use a metal cleaner/wax, anything but WD-40.

I use CRC or Liquid Wrench with Teflon, or PB Blaster, or Seafoam; but if it stopped working, I would never know it...

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Mark Harrison said:
Is this simply dirt that I should rub off or is it some solid lubricant I should leave be? It is very fine and kind of like crushed pencil lead.
it does look like lead, I beleieve it is carbon [soot] from diesels and it need to be wiped off, with the mast erect [oooh-errr missus!] spray on something like a silicone spray or a stainless steel cleaner then wipe off with a rag on an upward motion only [downwards will push the grime further into the shafts] this should work a treat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts