SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Saab pro pop in an Aero ECU into my Linear after the turbo swap. It was marked as a 2003 9-5 Aero and my car is a 2003 Linear. No problem right? Well, the ESP, ABS were not being recognized. They said that it would run without it but in a lower power safe mode.

Has anyone ever heard of that happening?

I have the Linear ECU back in now and leave town tomorrow, I will probably just send my Linear ECU to JWZ to tune to Aero Spec plus stage 1 and kind of cut out the middle man. I was just interested in running a stock Aero powerband for a while before I tuned higher.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had my stock aero ecu ready for my install as well, but decided to send it to JZW. John informed me that you can install the stock ecu and marry it but the torque will be limited by the LPT transmission computer to LPT levels. He overcomes this in the tuning process somehow. I am not sure if this is related to your problem but it could have something to do with it.
Send it to JZW. You will be very happy. The power is ridiculous:cheesy:

·
Registered
77 Posts
When you say that you had a saab pro pop in an Aero ECU, do you mean he literally took it directly from one car and put it in the other? Because that would not work. Before swapping ECUs you must overwrite the immobilizer code of the new ECU so that is matches the immobilizer code of your old ECU.

If this was step was not done then i would not be surprised to see some issues, although I would have expected the car to not even start, but I guess it makes sense that it may start in limp home mode or something similar.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to waste time and source a new ecu, so I will be mailing mine to JZW when I won't need my car for a while. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts