SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !

Just bought myself an '04 93 for my brithday a few weeks ago and am in the process of getting it all checked out and such. Wanted to start my first post by saying that I can't beieve the wealth of information on here and how everyone helps each other out. Thank you all ! I've already used the forum to repair my overflowing ps resevoir by changing the seal.

So I'm noticing the car is smarter than I thought. I purchased the aux cable from Saab, but haven't installed it yet. Just got back from the dealer to have a checkup and some work done and asked them to enable aux. They said they did, but now when I use the src button, it goes from radio to cdx, not cd anymore. So I'm thinking that they just changed the cd player to cdx and didn't enable aux, and now am presuming the cd player is no longer working. I would test it, but I need to do the tin can repair as it won't accept cds.

Would the radio know if the cable is plugged in or not, and therefor would not give the option to enable aux ?

Also, anyone know of someone with a tech 2 in the west island area of montreal, just incase returning to the dealer to say it doesn't work ends up costing another programming.

Thanks in advance and am glad to finally have a Saab :)

Ryan

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
AUX should appear when you use the SRC button. The car doesn't have a way of detecting if it is installed or not. I wonder if they changed the programming for the single cd player to the cd changer.

I have AUX enabled on my car and have yet to install the cable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, that's what i'm thinking they did too. I have to call them tomorrow anyways, so I'll mention that they disabled my cd player and see what they say.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, that's what i'm thinking they did too. I have to call them tomorrow anyways, so I'll mention that they disabled my cd player and see what they say.
U can also press the (cd,disc) button 2x, on the 2'nd press it should say Aux.

·
Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
have you changed from a single cd player to a multidisc.this would be the reason for the cd gone and the cdx appearing if not,it's sounds like they've change the cd player setting instead of enabling the aux-in..

·
Registered
638 Posts
I added aux in as one of the first things when I bought my 2094 9-3 new. I made the cable and had the dealer do the install and programming. I just hit the dc button twice. First it goes from radio to cd, then cd to aux.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.

Ended up going back to the dealer to show them that the aux wasn't coming up. They showed me that I had to push SRC wait for the CDX to disappear from the SID, then push SRC again and Aux comes up (probably because the radio can't find the changer). I explained to them that CDX is the changer and I had the single (which shows up as CD), but of course my cd player is broken so I couldn't show them it won't work with CDX. They said if I get my cd player repaired by the time I come back (I had to order a rear toe link) they would reprogram it to work. I agreed, then ended up finding a good deal on a 6-disc and picked that up. Figured while I was back there running the aux cable, might as well change the cd player and have a changer. Then repair and keep the single as a backup.

All in all, everthing ended up working out. Now I have the Aux in and working, and a changer that is working :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts