SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 60 of 5680 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,655 Posts
Saabertooth said:
ok here goes

Sometimes when I get into my car and sit, there is a "beep", like the one when you set the auto-windows or seat memory. It doesnt really bug me (much) but I would just to like to know its function. It does not happen all the time and once, i got in and out the seat 10 times and it beeped at least 4.
sbSaab93 got it. It's the memory buttons. Not enough support on the side of the seat and when you sit down, so the cushion folds down onto the buttons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
1sweet2.0 said:
I'm confused.. what button are you talking about..? I dont think I have that button. Now i'm gonna search for it when I leave work, lol.. then I'll reply to your question.
isnt this question game just halarious.. but so necessary?
find it yet? it should be right there below nightpanel (we have same exact car i think)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
O.K. heres a winner. I bought my 9-3 used w/ no manual. On the upper SID screen there are a number of different displays. What does the one that reads Speed W 56 MPH Mean???. This is probably soo obvious but I cant figure it out for the life of me!:roll: Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
JB9-3 said:
O.K. heres a winner. I bought my 9-3 used w/ no manual. On the upper SID screen there are a number of different displays. What does the one that reads Speed W 56 MPH Mean???. This is probably soo obvious but I cant figure it out for the life of me!:roll: Thanks
That's the "speed warning". It beeps (or makes some kind of noise) when you reach that speed. It can be adjusted using the customize button. I set mine as high as it would go . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Pokerguy said:
That's the "speed warning". It beeps (or makes some kind of noise) when you reach that speed. It can be adjusted using the customize button. I set mine as high as it would go . . .


Thanks man, I had no idea. I havent heard any noise or beep yet but Ill definately be adjusting that setting!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
i do have a stupid question..um.

i'm a first time saab owner - just bought mine about a month ago...

and i'm wondering...are my headlights automatic or not? the manual isn't really clear on that part. they're pretty much on all the time so it could be either way...
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
You have daytime running lights, meaning they are on all the time no matter what the position is of the light switch. It is possible to have the DRL's disabled by the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
hbyrd said:
isnt this question game just halarious.. but so necessary?
find it yet? it should be right there below nightpanel (we have same exact car i think)
lol I found the button! I didn't ever notice it before
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Dach said:
haha! But seriously, I want to know if there is some strange reason why the rear looks like is squeezing down on the suspension and the front is lifted up.
Dach said:
And if you measure it, the left side and right side clearance for the wheel arch is just different. Is this some magical work from Saab to make out rides handle better?


The reason our SAABs have the squatted rear end has a lot to do with GM requirements than suspension magic. All GM vehicles have a requirement to pass a certain obstacle course in their test track, without coming out with a redesigned suspension at the end of the test. The cars must also have wheel well openings that are large enough to prevent any front tire scrubbing in hard cornering situations. This forces our cars to have larger wheel well openings than in a certain German manufacturer’s cars. So our cars may be a little less cool looking in that respect. On the other hand I was told that German sedans have yet to pass that same obstacle course, without getting unscheduled and permanent realignments.



As for the left vs. the right side; usually the driver side will settle a little earlier than the other, but it shouldn’t be a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
JB9-3 said:
O.K. heres a winner. I bought my 9-3 used w/ no manual. On the upper SID screen there are a number of different displays. What does the one that reads Speed W 56 MPH Mean???. This is probably soo obvious but I cant figure it out for the life of me!:roll: Thanks
You can download a full owners manual in Adobe pdf format by registering at:

http://www.mygmlink.com


Registration is FREE. Once registered go to the "glovebox" section of "Vehicle Home". You're surely missing out on some of the neat features that our cars have if you haven't read the manual.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I love this thread!


Here's my dumb question:

Everyone want to disable their drl's...well I for one don't have a huge problem with them, as my last car had them. I just dealt with it. Of course I didn't have HID's in the last car, so the question is...how long do the HID's last if they are on all the time? Which leads to the next question, if/when they need to be replaced, how much is it? And don't tell me I will need TECH II.

Cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
OK, here's a stupid question: I'm pretty sure the manual manual for my 02 9-3 SC says the back seats fold down, but how do you fold them down? There's a little button on the top of the seat that I've fiddled with but I've never actually tried it. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
JB9-3 said:
Thanks man, I had no idea. I havent heard any noise or beep yet but Ill definately be adjusting that setting!:cool:
If you haven't heard a lovely chime yet and you haven't adjusted your speed warning, it's either broken or you have never exceeded 56 mph in your car!

I actually find it to be a useful tool. I often find myself driving much faster than I think I am. If you're driving on highways with lots of cops and speedtraps, it's nice to get a warning that you better slow down (I guess that's what a radar detector is for, oh well.) Anyhow, Mine is set at 83, mainly for roads where the limit is 70.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
birdman said:
OK, here's a stupid question: I'm pretty sure the manual manual for my 02 9-3 SC says the back seats fold down, but how do you fold them down? There's a little button on the top of the seat that I've fiddled with but I've never actually tried it. :confused:
The levers to unlock the seats, to allow folding them down, is in the trunk.
BTW, If you don't get the seats fully latched when you put tthem back up you get a warning on the SID.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
birdman said:
OK, here's a stupid question: I'm pretty sure the manual manual for my 02 9-3 SC says the back seats fold down, but how do you fold them down? There's a little button on the top of the seat that I've fiddled with but I've never actually tried it. :confused:

You have the previous 9-3, right? Well, the seats are more fiddly to fold down, but by using the small levers on top of the seats the seat back should move. But then you have to do a folding maneuver also, which is not necessary in the SS/SC. On the other hand, by tilting the seat cushion you get a flat(ish) floor once everything is been folded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I love how this thread is stayin alive... :lol:

Stupid Question:
How on earth does the rain sensor work? I read the manual and you are supposed to set the wiper switch to position 2. Once you set it to 2 mine just keep wiping away (which is fine during rain) but what does the sensor do and when/how do I use it??!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
hbyrd said:
I love how this thread is stayin alive... :lol:

Stupid Question:
How on earth does the rain sensor work? I read the manual and you are supposed to set the wiper switch to position 2. Once you set it to 2 mine just keep wiping away (which is fine during rain) but what does the sensor do and when/how do I use it??!
it's on the blades.. if you realize if you have your washer blades on rain sensor mode and your driving slow and it's sprinkling out they wont go on.. they have little sensors on the blades so when your going a decent speed the sensors sesnse the rain.

the AUto/rain sensor mode is one notch up from the starting position.. they will adjust slower or faster depending on the rain :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
OOH MY GOSH THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH !!!!.... YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!

hahaha jk ;) come on people.. more stupid questions!
 
41 - 60 of 5680 Posts
Top