SaabCentral Forums banner

5821 - 5833 of 5833 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The best/worst thing about standards is that there are so many from which to choose.

EDIT: quick look at WIS shows a couple of different connectors

·
Super Moderator
8,978 Posts
all marques have different connectors no such thing as standard in the automotive industry..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ended up clipping the connector and going with crimp on audio-rated spades.
Looks like Amazon has a GM connector adaptor however, that should work for the 3.5" Infinity's I just ordered.
Will update tomorrow if its the right one. Only $7..

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Starting up in cool/cold weather, 5º C or lower. I get a cold draft out of the leftmost dash vent (LHD car). Presumably ACC is in defrost mode with a cold engine. Is this just a way to defrost the side window?

I don't know if the CV nature of the car works against it, but ACC on my 2004 9-3 is nowhere as unobtrusive as the one on my 2003 9-5. It also takes more fiddling with the temperature than on the 9-5. The same temp is pretty much always the same comfort level on the 9-5, while on the 9-3, it can be too much like Goldilocks and the three bowls of porridge.

·
Registered
2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero Convertivble 5-Speed
22 Posts
Starting up in cool/cold weather, 5º C or lower. I get a cold draft out of the leftmost dash vent (LHD car). Presumably ACC is in defrost mode with a cold engine. Is this just a way to defrost the side window?

I don't know if the CV nature of the car works against it, but ACC on my 2004 9-3 is nowhere as unobtrusive as the one on my 2003 9-5. It also takes more fiddling with the temperature than on the 9-5. The same temp is pretty much always the same comfort level on the 9-5, while on the 9-3, it can be too much like Goldilocks and the three bowls of porridge.
On my 2005 9-3 CV that left most vent defrosts the driver side window and I direct the right side vent toward the passenger window to defrost.

·
Super Moderator
8,978 Posts
Ended up clipping the connector and going with crimp on audio-rated spades.
Looks like Amazon has a GM connector adaptor however, that should work for the 3.5" Infinity's I just ordered.
Will update tomorrow if its the right one. Only $7..
which wire was negative and which was positive..

·
Super Moderator
8,978 Posts
the numbers on the connector denote which is + and -. 1=Negative 2=positive..

·
Super Moderator
20,137 Posts
tried advanced auto, intermotor?

·
Super Moderator
20,137 Posts
Reactions: filetfellini
5821 - 5833 of 5833 Posts