SaabCentral Forums banner

5821 - 5840 of 5866 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The best/worst thing about standards is that there are so many from which to choose.

EDIT: quick look at WIS shows a couple of different connectors

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
all marques have different connectors no such thing as standard in the automotive industry..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ended up clipping the connector and going with crimp on audio-rated spades.
Looks like Amazon has a GM connector adaptor however, that should work for the 3.5" Infinity's I just ordered.
Will update tomorrow if its the right one. Only $7..

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Starting up in cool/cold weather, 5º C or lower. I get a cold draft out of the leftmost dash vent (LHD car). Presumably ACC is in defrost mode with a cold engine. Is this just a way to defrost the side window?

I don't know if the CV nature of the car works against it, but ACC on my 2004 9-3 is nowhere as unobtrusive as the one on my 2003 9-5. It also takes more fiddling with the temperature than on the 9-5. The same temp is pretty much always the same comfort level on the 9-5, while on the 9-3, it can be too much like Goldilocks and the three bowls of porridge.

·
Registered
2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero Convertivble 5-Speed
32 Posts
Starting up in cool/cold weather, 5º C or lower. I get a cold draft out of the leftmost dash vent (LHD car). Presumably ACC is in defrost mode with a cold engine. Is this just a way to defrost the side window?

I don't know if the CV nature of the car works against it, but ACC on my 2004 9-3 is nowhere as unobtrusive as the one on my 2003 9-5. It also takes more fiddling with the temperature than on the 9-5. The same temp is pretty much always the same comfort level on the 9-5, while on the 9-3, it can be too much like Goldilocks and the three bowls of porridge.
On my 2005 9-3 CV that left most vent defrosts the driver side window and I direct the right side vent toward the passenger window to defrost.

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
Ended up clipping the connector and going with crimp on audio-rated spades.
Looks like Amazon has a GM connector adaptor however, that should work for the 3.5" Infinity's I just ordered.
Will update tomorrow if its the right one. Only $7..
which wire was negative and which was positive..

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
tried advanced auto, intermotor?

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
Reactions: filetfellini

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are front axle boots for the turbo x the same as the 2.0T XWD? I see one can get the Buick/Cadillac equivalents for the Turbo X, wondering if I can do the same for my 2.0T XWD.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
2004 9-3. Would the battery draw be less if it was parked unlocked rather than locked?

Unlocked, it should not have to power/monitor the various theft sensors. (And the dash LED would not flash, whatever that might require.) But I'm not sure if other modules will stay more alert while the car is unlocked, negating any power savings from the security system.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Hmm, I might leave the car unlocked. It sits under a cover over the winter months, often further covered in snow. Not much fear of someone hopping in and going to work with their Tech II, laptop with Global TIS, and the spare CIM and key fob that they have with them, also the tools to swap CIM.

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

5821 - 5840 of 5866 Posts