SaabCentral Forums banner

5781 - 5785 of 5785 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-3T
45 Posts
Can mass airflow sensors go bad without throwing any codes? When I cleaned mine I noticed that it might be corroded. It was gray in color even after cleaning. I’ve only been getting a little above 300 miles to the tank as well.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
What's the best way to get into the trunk of a convertible that has no key or power, i.e. in a junkyard?

Key cylinder on the car I have in mind has been forced and all it does is spin. One corner of the rear seat has been pulled back, but that reveals only the rollover bar mechanism. I don't know if it's possible to access the inside emergency trunk opening in any fashion. Taillights are good, I don't really want to break them (I would in fact take them).

This suggests brute force and a big breaker bar?
Big breaker bar and more power.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
Why does the compass in my mirror figure that, when I'm driving west, I'm driving W, but when I'm driving east, it says I'm driving W? It has no problems with S and N. If I'm going SE, it says SW.

I'm sure it shows E properly at least some of the time.

I can calibrate it again, but if it's okay on N and S, why would it be stuck on W?

Hmm, I wonder if there are a couple of sensors at right angles, and one of them is not working properly? How do these things work anyway?
Did you recalibrate it?
What zone you are using?
Mine needs about 3-4 full circles to calibrate.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Did you recalibrate it?
What zone you are using?
Mine needs about 3-4 full circles to calibrate.
When I calibrate it, it appears to work okay as long as the top is in same position as when calibrated. Then it seems that when I put the top up (or down) and it usually confuses E and W. Note, I haven't confirmed that by running the top up and down repeatedly. :cool:

I'm using zone 10. I don't know how zones work for EU, my manual shows zones for North America.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
That sounds interesting how raising/lowering top confuses compass.
I am glad that I do not have compass mirror in my CV. I do have it in my XWD.
No worry, I know which zone to use and I do not raise/lower roof in my XWD. :D

5781 - 5785 of 5785 Posts