SaabCentral Forums banner

5761 - 5780 of 5806 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
You seen one of these things after a wreck? They're tanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No, I haven't.

I made the right choice for my daughter then.

There's less leg room and head room compared to my 900.
It doesn't really matter because she's small.
Remember you’re adding side airbags, etc, and they take up room.
I think Driggs is right, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was somewhat intentional to fit into that sport sedan segment. And make the 9-5 feel more executive sedan.

·
Registered
2008 9-3 Aero SportCombi
29 Posts
Just got my Tech2 clone set up and working. Added a second key to my car and ran diagnostics; what other fun stuff should I try?

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Just got my Tech2 clone set up and working. Added a second key to my car and ran diagnostics; what other fun stuff should I try?
I guess you could check the wheel/tire size is correct, and update to your actual size (tire diameter is available for brand/size at e.g. TireRack).

When you run diagnostics, do you have any codes? I suppose it's possible to have an NG9-3 with no codes. :p

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
What's the best way to get into the trunk of a convertible that has no key or power, i.e. in a junkyard?

Key cylinder on the car I have in mind has been forced and all it does is spin. One corner of the rear seat has been pulled back, but that reveals only the rollover bar mechanism. I don't know if it's possible to access the inside emergency trunk opening in any fashion. Taillights are good, I don't really want to break them (I would in fact take them).

This suggests brute force and a big breaker bar?

·
Registered
2008 9-3 Aero SportCombi
29 Posts
I guess you could check the wheel/tire size is correct, and update to your actual size (tire diameter is available for brand/size at e.g. TireRack).

When you run diagnostics, do you have any codes? I suppose it's possible to have an NG9-3 with no codes. :p
Oh I've got codes... Ordered some new license plate light bulbs, so that'll be one less SID warning to cycle through. Got codes for the rain sensor and auto light control, but both seem to work? Will have to dig a little deeper. Oh, and two of my tire pressure monitors aren't working, but I can live with manually checking my tire pressure every few weeks/before long drives.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Why does the compass in my mirror figure that, when I'm driving west, I'm driving W, but when I'm driving east, it says I'm driving W? It has no problems with S and N. If I'm going SE, it says SW.

I'm sure it shows E properly at least some of the time.

I can calibrate it again, but if it's okay on N and S, why would it be stuck on W?

Hmm, I wonder if there are a couple of sensors at right angles, and one of them is not working properly? How do these things work anyway?

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Oh I've got codes... Ordered some new license plate light bulbs, so that'll be one less SID warning to cycle through. Got codes for the rain sensor and auto light control, but both seem to work? Will have to dig a little deeper. Oh, and two of my tire pressure monitors aren't working, but I can live with manually checking my tire pressure every few weeks/before long drives.
Well, if you have security access, you can turn off the TPMS warning.

·
Registered
2004 Saab 9-3 Aero Cabrio
35 Posts
What's the best way to get into the trunk of a convertible that has no key or power, i.e. in a junkyard?

Key cylinder on the car I have in mind has been forced and all it does is spin. One corner of the rear seat has been pulled back, but that reveals only the rollover bar mechanism. I don't know if it's possible to access the inside emergency trunk opening in any fashion. Taillights are good, I don't really want to break them (I would in fact take them).

This suggests brute force and a big breaker bar?
Also interested if anyone has a non-caveman method. I try to trip the trunk latch when I find one at the local LKQ.

·
Registered
2008 9-3 Aero SportCombi
29 Posts
which tech2 did you buy?
I got mine from Car Diagnostic Tools Wholesale Shop and was able to get security access through TIS2000 following instructions from this site using a Windows XP virtual machine on my Mac. It's a little finicky hooked up to my cigarette lighter, which I know is not preferred, but is the only option since I'm in the city and don't have a garage or power outlet nearby.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T - All stock.
22 Posts
Will a stage 1 tune to a 2.0T 2008 make a huge difference in driving experience?

I always dream about making her a true sleeper. But I always hesitate because I am afraid the day I start have someone tune her, she will fall apart.

C

·
Registered
2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero Convertivble 5-Speed
6 Posts
Will a stage 1 tune to a 2.0T 2008 make a huge difference in driving experience?

I always dream about making her a true sleeper. But I always hesitate because I am afraid the day I start have someone tune her, she will fall apart.

C
There is a noticeable difference. If your SAAB is running good a stage 1 will be fine. Just make sure your spark plugs are new. In my experience based on ‘05 and ‘06 2.0T the stage 1 brings 1st gear boost up to 13-15 psi from the stock at around 7. Spool is a little faster and boost in the other gears is up too. If the tuning price isn’t crazy anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So many things have happened that lead me here 15 years later the comments and eveything ... Do you still have your save... If u commented here back in 2002... 05 and so on

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-3T
51 Posts
Just did throttle body cleaning yesterday. Didn’t take it off had friend press pedal to open butterfly. After putti it all back together the car didn’t want to start at all. Took 3 4 cranks to finally start and after got check engine light code was p1523 throttle position closed performance. I pulled ecm fuse and light went out. My question is do I still have to do a throttle relearn or did ecm reset take care of that? Butterfly did accidentally move once or twice without person pressing throttle.

Also cleaning map and mass air flow sensor tomorrow. Do I have to disconnect them before cleaning and or the battery as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
For 03-06 9-3 Can you just plug in any heated seat pad without programming? I have ACC on both cars, I pulled the working pads off my 04 ARC with standard heated pads and i would like to use them in my 2006 convertible, but the pads are different shape.

I plugged the driver's side lower pad in and it heated up for a minute but I don't want to mess anything up long term.

Thanks I couldn't find any info off google or here maybe I missed it

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Yes.
Remember that pad shape is totally different and you can not cut it.

5761 - 5780 of 5806 Posts