SaabCentral Forums banner

5681 - 5688 of 5688 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my first Saab. 2008 9-3t. Fun to drive but its got all kinds of issues it seems. 80k miles.

First thing first is the driver side window doesnt go down well. By that I mean I press the button and nothing happens for awhile. Gotta keep pressing and keep trying it until it eventually goes down. Sometimes takes minutes. I dont just leave my finger on the down button. Rather I press it and hold it for a bit and if it doesnt go down then I repeat later.

When it does finally go down, its not smooth. It make some noise, kinda squeekish.

Its been getting worse and its harder and harder to get it to go down.

It goes up without a problem.

So I pulled the door panel and followed the post for window regulator here. But the pics are gone and I didnt really notice anything about it. Not really sure what to look for anyway.

Seems mechanical but maybe its electric? I also have issues with the locks not always working when pressing the fob or the button. The alarm goes off randomly when its locked anyway and the console shows a theft protection message. So maybe that is related and its electric somehow?

And finally, prior owner told me the rear passenger window doesnt work but it doesnt go up and goes down fine. Now, I have not tested this as I dont want to get stuck with a window always down.

Any help appreciated.

And once I get this one fixed, I got a bunch more to fix lol.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
It could be a problem with the switch pack, which is a module with its own error codes.

You should find a shop or someone local with a Tech II and Saab software. It will show what errors there might be in the switch pack (or wiring, or motor, or ??). See the Tech II forum for "Tech II locations near me". This is NOT something that your local garage can do with their Snap On ODB II reader!

The Tech II will also show what codes are kept in the other modules, that may point to what's wrong with the security.

You may also want to download WIS (Workshop Information System), see Tech II forum for "WIS and EPC for Windows 10". You can look up the exact error code and follow Saab's troubleshooting procedures.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Was the instrument panel changed between 2004 and 2005?

This nice 2005 convertible has the parking brake symbol right next to the speedometer needle, instead of up by the seat belt lamp and the RH turn signal telltale.

Also, cruise and light indicators are reversed, and cruise does not say CRUISE.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Interesting that MIU would have versions. I wish I had a different MIU because steering wheel at a comfortable height hides the turn signal indicators--and the blink "clicks" are not that loud. I can't hear them with the top down and traffic around....

Another question, how quickly do the windshield washer jets squirt when the lever is pulled? On my 9-5, there are check valves and the squirting is immediate, before the wiper blades have even moved, even if I haven't used the washer in a few weeks.

On the 9-3, wipers make half a swipe before the washer jets start squirting fluid.

Looking in EPC, I don't see much evidence of a "valve" as I see for 9-5. But I am thinking of using a 2004+ 9-5 hose and washer jet setup and installing in my 9-3. 9-5 uses the same jets as the RH 9-3 jet. Instead of having "T" pass-through LH and centre jets, 9-5 uses only "L" jets like the RH one, and branching hoses with drainback valves.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
My 9-5 and 9-3 do exact same. 9-5 squirts and then wipers move. 9-3 move wipers and then squirt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So my steering column lock decided it does not fancy life and died on me . well 1 of the 2 motors did. and now im looking for spares, i found one but its from an UK car . So are they the same or will this one not work, is it plug and play or will i need a tech2 ?

5681 - 5688 of 5688 Posts