SaabCentral Forums banner

5601 - 5620 of 5660 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero Sportcombi
4 Posts
Hey all, I'm upgrading the suspension on my 08' Aero Sportcombi. I've been looking for a defined list of what else to replace in addition to the obvious shocks/struts/springs, but it seems inconclusive. Can someone please verify my list of items here? Glad for any other suggestions:
Suspension - Front
Sway bar end links
Strut mounts
Strut mount bearings
Bump stops

Suspension - Rear
Spring supports
Bump stops
Shock mounts
Bushings

·
Super Moderator
19,616 Posts
I'd add the spring isolators to the front. I used the zinc ones instead of the rubber hose. Unsure what you are referring to on the rear for "bushings". Some will say to replace all bolts especially any TTY bolts but I reused mine.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero Sportcombi
4 Posts
I'd add the spring isolators to the front. I used the zinc ones instead of the rubber hose. Unsure what you are referring to on the rear for "bushings". Some will say to replace all bolts especially any TTY bolts but I reused mine.
Thanks! I appreciate it. For bushings, this is the part I'm referring to: https://www.esaabparts.com/saab/parts/12796037

It looks like it might be included with the shock mount, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
Formerly had 900s have a black 2005 9-3 ARC auto at present
62 Posts
I have another silly question... not having an owners hand book... why is there a temperature up and down (red and blue) toggle on both sides of the climate control? I am guessing that one is for when the climate control is on and the other for when the A/C is off? If you have one at 20 and the other at 27... what happens? Should you keep them the same (adjust both at the same time?)

·
Super Moderator
19,616 Posts
drivers side and passenger side can set their own temps for their side

Reactions: Saabastian93

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks Diggs... I never even thought of that :oops: how cool... or not, depending which side one is sitting on :p

So if driving with no passenger, just set them both the same? The more I learn about these idiosyncrasies... the more I love my Saabs...

Makes me sad that Saab has gone :cautious:

Are there any neat and wonderful things that Saabs (9-3's) have or do? Such as the a/c vent in the glove box or anything else like that? :giggle:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ahhh.... so if there is no one in the passenger side, the system only responds to the drivers side?

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
On my 2004, you have to go into Profiler and select single zone. The system then changes the passenger temp when the driver temp is changed. However if the passenger temp is changed, the two will be indiependent until the next car restart.

Default isetting s dual zone where each is changed separately all the time.

I assume that the ACC has been programmed for RHD to figure out which is passenger and which is driver.

There are online PDFs of the owner's manual. Download one, there is lots of information and goodies to find out about.

·
Super Moderator
19,616 Posts
Yup. I set mine to be independent. It doesn't care if someone is sitting there or not, both have to be adjusted.

Reactions: Saabastian93

·
Super Moderator
19,616 Posts
justgivemethedamnmanual

·
Registered
62 Posts
You're magic Diggs .... that is awesome...

Man, your blood is worth bottling

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
12791237 and 12791220 are pair.
No need of optical cable.
Okay, I got two pairs of these little gems.

So I disconnect the O bus from the CU amp, release the optical cables, and put one end in first part of pair, other end in other part of pair, make sure >25mm radius in loop, and plug them together. Uses one side of connector pair, other side is empty. So cable connects to itself instead of through CU amp.

Alternate I see is to find a terminated short length of optical cable. Loop it into both ends of one of the pair. Then run cable that went into the CU connector into the other pair. I don't know where I can find suitable length of optical cable with termination.

By the way, in one 9-3 sedan, trunk had a pair of optical cables with just the terminals on them, they were not connected to anything. This was probably a car without telematics. Most of the NG9-3 had base infotainment unit.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Is it possible to use the three-spoke steering wheel from a Dame Edna 9-5 in a 2004 9-3? (EPC does not seem optimistic.)

If it at least bolts up, can I use the Autoliv airbag that's in my 2004 from the factory, instead of a Takata if that's what's in the 9-5? And can I disconnect and use my steering wheel controls instead of the 9-5s controls, which include paddle shifters?

If none of this is possible, I know where there's a nice perforated leather 9-5 steering wheel with paddle shifters. :LOL:

5601 - 5620 of 5660 Posts