·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
cool. post pics when they go on

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Yeah, too stupid to ask but I have to. 😝
  1. Is there any way to get the ACC on the '03-'05 cars to display the fan and airflow settings that are being set automatically? The '98-'05 9-5 ACC lets you toggle between informative and blank mode by pressing AUTO. I like seeing what the ACC is doing. (I think the answer is "no".)
  2. I started the car today and immediately the engine stumbled and the Check Engine light came on. I drove it home. It was really, really down on power, as if the engine was some 1.3L unit out of an '84 Toyota Tercel. Checked with scanner when I got home, it was something like "Throttle position error Bank 1". I thought it was P068x but of course I erased it and now I don't remember the exact code other than I'm sure it was a P0xxx. Code has not come back in a bit of driving, and car runs fine. Can someone hint what is the number range I should look for in WIS to find the exact fault? (Too stupid to ask, I always forget the damn codes after glancing and thinking "oh, okay, it's that kind of thing".)

·
Registered
Formerly had 900s have a black 2005 9-3 ARC auto at present
71 Posts
Here is a silly question, I have searched, but haven't found any info.....So, my new (to me) 9-3 came with no glove box hand book... so I have trouble working out a few switches and things... one that has me stumped is all of the positions there are on the headlight switch?

Can someone please explain (or post a pic of the handbook page) of what the various settings on the headlight switch do in an Australian model 05 ARC. I just don't want to be driving along blinding others because the headlights are on the wrong setting or something.

A funny example of this type of 'missing knowledge' was when I pushed the sunroof button (toggle) and the sunroof opened at the back... but the opposite toggle did nothing??!!...
It wasn't until I discovered that the toggle switch ALSO slides forward and back that I got it figured out

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow! Do the whole lights move up or down... or just the insides?

I have just been turning it to 1... does that mean I have been blinding everyone? Woops

·
Super Moderator
8,681 Posts
just the insides,postions 1,2,3 are for if you are towing or the car is fully loaded with ppl and luggage or weight in the boot/trunk...otherwise switch is at 12 or 0..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hmmm I have never had a trunk full of gods?

Anyone who rear ends me would be in alot of strife... imagine all of those lightening bolts!! :geek:o_O:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
How do I do an optical bus loop or bypass? Specifically, if I want to remove the CU module, because it does nothing. There seems to be some kind of optical bus connector in the line to/from the CU. I can't find anything in WIS about this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. New here and plan to do an intro post sometime soon but curious what the button is that is attached to back of battery tray that is pressed when the hood is closed? It is broken, and I cant seem to find any pics or info online

Sorry for no pic. Also, the car didn't come with a manual

2005 9-3 2.0t 4cyl-Auto. Linear

Thanks for your time :)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Sensor for hood to tell car it is shut

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-3T
27 Posts
My stupid question is full synthetic oil like the 0w40 petroleum based. I only ask because my power steering is over flowing and need to know if the engine oil will damage seals in the rack. if so what will symptoms of bad seals feel like

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
12791237 and 12791220 are pair.
No need of optical cable.
Okay, let's see if I understand this. (I probably do not.)

According to WIS, 2004 CV uses connector H2-14 to send optical bus to CU units.

Picture of H2-14 in WIS shows something that looks like 12791220.

So I get a 12791220 and connect it up and I am done? If so, where on a car (in the junkyard) would I find one, or is it order? I don't think I see one in the car in EPC.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
If you use 12791237 and 12791220, you just change existing optical cable and you will have intact optical loop.
You will find 12791237 on left A-pillar next to fuse box. It is used to connect extension optical cable to AMP1.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
My stupid question is full synthetic oil like the 0w40 petroleum based. I only ask because my power steering is over flowing and need to know if the engine oil will damage seals in the rack. if so what will symptoms of bad seals feel like
Usually no.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
WIS says that in order to remove the hood/bonnet lining fastener pins, to insert a 1.5mm Allen key with a ball head. That's a pretty small size, and I don't have one with a ball end. Anyone found a decent substitute to release the pins without destroying them?

5581 - 5600 of 5674 Posts