SaabCentral Forums banner

5461 - 5480 of 5485 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
How do I remove my ECU connector? Is it as simple as pushing down on the tab (blue), swinging the bracket over (red), and then lifting up (green)? Tried this last night but it didn't budge, and I was afraid to give it much elbow grease.

·
Registered
40 Posts
2007 9-3 Aero SC

Are these wires on the back side windows for defrosting? Or are these part of the radio antenna?

I don't see them defrosting.

IMG_20200109_083321.jpg

Thx!

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
Thanks, figure they would add some defrost lines to help in cold weather.
Stubby antenna on roof for sat radio?
9-5 wagons have similar radio antenna on the rear side window. But they also have hot air ducts/vents to help defrost the windows.

·
Registered
54 Posts
question about how the transmission SHOULD feel.

I have an 07 aero automatic with 109k miles. I just got the car.

When I shift from R > D or D > R, it takes a little bit till it goes into the gear, it feels like the car is in neutral for a few moments before it gets into gear. Is that normal? I have been driving manuals mainly, not much experience with auto's. Same thing happens when I go from P to D.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Don't we have a sealed transmission? How can we check it?
You can assume it's never been flushed, so go to any garage and tell them to flush the transmission fluid.
See if that makes a difference, if not you may need a new transmission...

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can assume it's never been flushed, so go to any garage and tell them to flush the transmission fluid.
See if that makes a difference, if not you may need a new transmission...
a new trans??? it shifts fine and no slippage under full load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello world,

I'm working on a bit of a project installing a B207R out of a 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero into the back seat of my 1979 Ford Fiesta. I'm learning as I go. I want to do a heater delete since I will be throwing it away eventually. I'm also kinda dumb and have bought two of the wrong workshop manuals online, so I'm done messing with those. Originally, when I pulled the engine, I just cut everything loose. Now I have hoses and wires going every which direction. Does anyone know which hoses/holes are for the coolant? More specifically: where the coolant enters/exits the engine for engine temperature vs. which holes are for the heater. I'm assuming there's only four holes for such process...

Pictures would really help as I don't know how to read.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello world,

I'm working on a bit of a project installing a B207R out of a 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero into the back seat of my 1979 Ford Fiesta. I'm learning as I go. I want to do a heater delete since I will be throwing it away eventually. I'm also kinda dumb and have bought two of the wrong workshop manuals online, so I'm done messing with those. Originally, when I pulled the engine, I just cut everything loose. Now I have hoses and wires going every which direction. Does anyone know which hoses/holes are for the coolant? More specifically: where the coolant enters/exits the engine for engine temperature vs. which holes are for the heater. I'm assuming there's only four holes for such process...

Pictures would really help as I don't know how to read.
Figured it out!! Also, custom labels. Let me know if you need anything

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
Can I test parasitic battery draw on these cars with just a plain old digital voltmeter (and ammeter, obviously)?

With all the modules that stay active for longer or shorter periods of time, and which reset if I disconnect the battery to connect up the ammeter, I don't know if this will even work.

My 2004 convertible has been killing batteries in cold weather when it sits for a week or whatever. I do get LOCK SYSTEM FAILURE intermittently when the car is turned off but before the key is removed. However remote locks the car and the flashing LED does its normal once-every-few-seconds flash.

I picked up a new battery but I don't want to kill it inadvertently. I do have an older battery that I can use for the drain test, but I don't think it has a whole lot of capacity in it. Starter the car okay when it was driven every day or few days when it was warmer.

WIS does not appear to have any helpful info. When the winter is over, I won't want to keep the car in transport mode, for example.

5461 - 5480 of 5485 Posts