SaabCentral Forums banner

5441 - 5460 of 5485 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nope. Your car do not have pinch protection motors in rear windows.
Is pinch protection related to the comfort opening feature somehow? I heard others saying it should open all four windows with the comfort opening feature.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Is there supposed to be some sort of fiberglass-like insulation sitting between the two cylinder heads on the 2.8? noticed this on my new to me '08 9-3, this is looking down from the passenger side of the engine.

IMAG1883 by Nick Occhionero, on Flickr

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
I'm going to help someone get a newly-installed radio working in a 2006 9-3 if I recall correctly (could be 2007?). What are the chances of needing to get security access to do this?

We'll be meeting in the evening in a parking lot and it will be quite cold, so if I don't have to fiddle with the laptop and connecting the Tech II to it, so much the better.

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
Yes if they are 302mm discs, no if they are 314mm discs.

You should download WIS/EPC from the general topics/Tech II section. Because that will let you determine which brakes you have, from the VIN plate.

If you see AC in position 7 and CB in position 9, you have 302mm discs. AD and CC mean 314mm discs.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Is there a separate fuse for 06 9-3 aero for the door speakers? Either the speakers or the amp decided to die and I'm not sure what I can check to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
19,217 Posts
If the center is dead as well it's likely the amp. Also, chance of speakers both going bad at same time unlikely. Third, amp1 going bad is VERY common.

·
Super Moderator
19,217 Posts
Amp has 2 power supplies so door supply could be bad.

·
Super Moderator
19,217 Posts
under front seat

·
Registered
40 Posts
To Saab owners in Canada....CarFax says 9-3 has a Takata recall... (was not done by previous owner).

Is there a "Saab" number I can call?

Or should I call GM or call my closest Cadillac dealer?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Checked GM Canada site...said to call GM USA...left my # for a callback....
To Saab owners in Canada....CarFax says 9-3 has a Takata recall... (was not done by previous owner).

Is there a "Saab" number I can call?

Or should I call GM or call my closest Cadillac dealer?

·
Registered
164 Posts
So I am having an issue with my SID controller knob and radio tuning knob on my car. When I go to use either of these knob they bounce all over the screen and very hard to control there placement. Saw a youtube video that says if you remove the knob an wd40 the switch it does not bounce anymore. Is this legit? Before I screw something up!

5441 - 5460 of 5485 Posts