SaabCentral Forums banner

5261 - 5280 of 5346 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The key insert is laser cut based on VIN. Usually it has to be ordered from a dealer or Saab Service Center and ships from Sweden. You may be able to get a locksmith to cut one to match.
The key is cut by a regular mill and my local locksmith was able to cut a $10 key blank from eEuro for $10 in a couple minutes. No fuss. Did get an odd look when I told him what it was from but it was in his database.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
You really need Tech2 to see the system read backs and activations for tests.
Most AC places will check pressures which is the most common cause of failure ie leak and no refrigerant in the system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
^ Ugh, I guess I'm just going to buy one of those kits and hope its just low. I'll get one with a UV dye and see where its leaking, or if that's even the problem.
Thanks for help.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Got a few dumb questions. ;)

1. Where did the 9-3 modifications sub-forums go? Other models still have them, but I don't see them here.
  2. When (or if) did the 2.0 models get the 6 speed auto trans?
  3. Is there an easy way of telling if a 2.0 auto has a 6 speed short of driving it (or having a reliable person drive it)?
  4. Did all V6 models in North America got the 6 speed auto?
  5. Is this car a 20th anniversary convertible?
  6. Did convertibles ever require 17" wheels due to extra-big brakes? If so, which ones are likely?

·
Super Moderator
18,898 Posts
1. I had them removed. Not enough traffic to justify. Got sick of moving non performance threads out of them. 1 forum is easier to police.

2. 2008 I think.

3. Yeah, thesaabsite VIN decoder

4. Yes, well that our a manual 6 speed. No 5 speed and V6 combo.

5. No, those are electric blue.

6. Not sure.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Is a stupid question one where you think you already know the answer?

1. In 2003-2006 cars, the projector headlights were only HID, correct?
  2. If the top is not completely up, the trunk opening is disabled?
I looked at a 2004 convertible and it was rough. The projector headlights shone like halogen lamps with a strange beam pattern. Trunk wouldn't open. Top was not working with some bits of the top front rail latch missing. There were other issues. But engine worked fine. Likely gonna be purchased by a kid who wants turbo power and has dreams.

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Extra stupid question:
I changed D2S low beam bulbs and old ones were at wrong position. I positioned new bulbs correct and struggled with ignitors (I think that one securing tab is bended in headlamp housing and that why it wont go easily in place.
So I tried to learn new positions to AHL, but resync failed. Now I have AHL DTC B1001 (08). I can read sensor and lamp height positions and even can raise/lower lamps.

What I did wrong and how can I fix this?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mimmi, it's a difficult one! Maybe remove this securing tab, maybe housing issue...

If I understood well, a convertible with 16'' rims is right and possible.

·
Super Moderator
8,242 Posts
Right, but did any convertibles come with the big disks that require 17" rims? Mimmi is saying that only Turbo X came with the big disks.
what do you mean by big discs..The turbo x and carlsson were the only 9-3's with 345mm discs..

other models of MY03>>9-3's had 285-314mm discs fitted,all which fit comfortably under 17" rims..

5261 - 5280 of 5346 Posts