SaabCentral Forums banner

6841 - 6851 of 6851 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Apply power directly to the seat from a spare battery via the connector under the seat if you can reach it. Failing that; locate the power wiring harness to the seat, cut it and power it up there. Not sure what wiring colours will be but you'll find them in the manual in the stickies.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
You actually don't even need that. You can move the seats using a cordless drill battery. AMHIK

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
You actually don't even need that. You can move the seats using a cordless drill battery. AMHIK
How do you do this? I remember being able to do it on c900s and 9000s, but I looked for a really long time on the 9-3 and could not figure out how to. I eventually went the battery-to-the-harness route.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
How do you do this? I remember being able to do it on c900s and 9000s, but I looked for a really long time on the 9-3 and could not figure out how to. I eventually went the battery-to-the-harness route.
I made up a pigtail that I use in the boneyard with an 18v battery from my drill. I just unplug the power connector under the seat, plug in the ends of the pigtail at the connector and hold that bare wire ends on the battery connection. It's enough to move the seat. Never tried it on a ng900/og9-3 or higher though

[edit] Also, a lot of (if not all of) yards won't let you take a jump box in with you [/edit]

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
How do you do this? I remember being able to do it on c900s and 9000s, but I for a really long time on the 9-3 and could not figure out how to. I eventually went the battery-to-the-harness route.
You can often pick up a power cable in the fuse box. Pick up one that's live when the ignition is on such as ignition fuse or relay, and of course a ground on the body.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I made up a pigtail that I use in the boneyard with an 18v battery from my drill. I just unplug the power connector under the seat, plug in the ends of the pigtail at the connector and hold that bare wire ends on the battery connection. It's enough to move the seat. Never tried it on a ng900/og9-3 or higher
Oh, ROFL. I thought you meant you drove the motors with the drill, like you could on c900 power seats via the emergency tool in the trunk. I didn't think that was a thing on the newer cars. ;)

I use a small sealed lead acid battery - a little 5ah 12v battery is about $12 and will run most things reasonable well. Definitely don't need a big lithium ion jump starter, although they are really nice to have!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have recently replaced all 4 springs, rear shocks and front and rear tires. Car now sway from side to side ( when stationary) if I push it front or rear, it sway left and right for a few seconds.

I have 4 continental summer tires which have very soft side walls :roll: I realised that after few days of driving. Car is like a boat on non flat roads.... Not really happy with theese tires, previous dunlops were great. Guess it is a good thing that continentals reporteadly wear very fast.

Could it be only tires causing this sway or I should look elsewhere? I do need new front sway bar bushings :cheesy:

6841 - 6851 of 6851 Posts