SaabCentral Forums banner

6821 - 6840 of 6851 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I was driving after (unfortunate) cleaning, could not find maf cleaner on sunday. Will try tommorow, if it is not too late...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Is it always pain to install brake fluid reservoir with new seals or I have wrong seals. Inner diameter is 2mm smaler than on old seals but they will fit reservoir nipples but nipples won't go in master when seals are in cylinder.
Any tricks? I have lost two hours on this little...

·
Registered
12,875 Posts
Lubricate bushings with brake fluid, install in Master Cylinder. Push reservoir in place. Don't be shy, push hard.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Thanks Jim! I have used all available force, even tried with improvised vise and Bugger won't go in. Res nipples go all the way in but when I release pressure it pop out. Next round tomorrow.

·
Registered
180 Posts
To stupid of a question for it's own thread, but what lights are supposed to come on on the dash? Took it out for the first time at night, and the only thing that lit up was the instrument cluster. Are the heat dials supposed to light up? I have no radio (that I haven't looked into yet aside from checking fuses), but thought maybe it is related. The push buttons do light up if you push them, but overall, it's just a dark space.

·
Registered
43 Posts
To stupid of a question for it's own thread, but what lights are supposed to come on on the dash? Took it out for the first time at night, and the only thing that lit up was the instrument cluster. Are the heat dials supposed to light up? I have no radio (that I haven't looked into yet aside from checking fuses), but thought maybe it is related. The push buttons do light up if you push them, but overall, it's just a dark space.
There are two rheostats to control cabin illumination of instruments and controls. The one for the cluster is in the cluster itself, to the right of the speedometer I believe. The controls rheostat is left of the instrument cluster, on the facia below the light switch. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think I had them all working at this point. Can't see the headlight switch in this pic though.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks guys. 2 knobs. One on the cluster for the cluster, the other to the left of the steering column. It's was a little "crunchy" twisting it, but it did get those center lights going (so that's not my radio issue. but that's for another post).

·
Registered
47 Posts
'85 SPG o2 sensor pre-heater =|

Hello I'm trying to resolve my poor mpg. What would cause a lack of voltage to the o2 sensor preheater? I have the 3 wire sensor. Already sliced the loom back to the door to examine and the preheater (red/blue) wire looks ok, however the fuel pump relay thick red wire looks melted and bubbly. Any suggestions? Much thanks.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
On an '85? There is a small black plastic fuse holder near the fresh air intake under the hood. They are frequently corroded inside making for poor or no contact.

However, if you have damaged wiring you may either have disintegrating insulation syndrome in various places, or a bad ground, or both. You might consider unwrapping the entire fuel injection wiring harness for inspection. Have a box of Kleenex handy, it may end in tears.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The o2 preheater fuse started in '86. Theres a bentley, haynes, and chilton in the bathroom next to the toilet. :x

I have a spare 86 harness I should go check if it has a fuse there. Is there a way to test the fuel pump relay?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I bought a 900 se turbo hatch with 198xxx miles. (I test drove it before i paid and had no problems.) I drove it for about a day and a half today. Driving about 35mph I started hearing a faint ticking. Didnt seem to affect the car so I just figured ill check it when I get home... Made it about 600 ft and it got 10 times louder and the engine stopped. I coasted to the side of the road and it wouldn't restart. ( found out the intake was not fitted on the turbo) I got it started after playing with the gas pedal. And the ticking is bad. Sounds like hitting the top of the engine with a hammer.it cranks and idles just fine though.... This is where I'm confused. It will drive and do everything fine but it taps so loudly... Any thoughts? Also here's the stupid question
Where is the fuel pressure regulator on the 2.0 I have searched and searched but I'm baffled cause I cant find one on it.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
But, uh, when your car makes a noise you can't immediately identify, stop driving it. If I had to guess, you've wrecked the engine due to low oil.
You get plenty of warning for low oil apart from the idiot light. The hydraulic tappets start making a hell of a racket well before bearings are damaged due to the pump sucking up air. The hydraulic tappets just do not like air in the system. So next time you hear the tappets when driving; stop and check the oil level.

I drove fifty miles like this before I found out. The oil pressure was normal. The air obviously didn't affect the pressure. The oil was just low enough to suck air. On later inspection there was no bearing damage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mustang guy with a question about a 9-3

Hello, I'm Steve from Atlanta. This afternoon I was wondering through a salvage yard and saw a 9-3 Turbo. I thought, "those seats would look great in my '66 Mustang." The price is right but NOT if they have to lift the car. Can the seats be removed from the cabin, with the car literally sitting on the ground? I don't know exactly what year, but TURBO was embossed in the seat back.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Yes. They unbolt from inside. If they're power, it's a bit of a pain to move them forward and backward so you can access the bolts. Not impossible, but a pain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. They unbolt from inside. If they're power, it's a bit of a pain to move them forward and backward so you can access the bolts. Not impossible, but a pain.
Thank you so much for the info, I really appreciate it. The seats are very stylish. And I think that I can make them work, sans power. Is the seat tilt-back power as well? If the yard has the key, will installing a battery facilitate the movement?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I'm not sure just installing a battery is sufficient but it's worth a try - under normal circumstances, the seats *can* be adjusted with either front door open and no key, but I've definitely run into scenarios where that doesn't work, and the key needs to be in. Short of that, can you can apply power by disconnecting the harness from the floor (which is tough to do in some seat positions) and then apply 12v directly.

I believe in '02 (which is the car you're talking about) the seats are all power or no power. To get the bolts out you can either raise the seat bottom up, or slide it forwards and backwards - either adjustment is typically sufficient. I don't remember offhand the fastener - I think a big torx, like t50 or t55.

6821 - 6840 of 6851 Posts