SaabCentral Forums banner

6801 - 6820 of 6851 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Can I put a turbo on my 1993 900s?
Yes. But if you don't bolt it down it will fall off the roof on the first corner. :)

There is a sticky in the performance section that covers it in detail. I have never done it myself, though quite a few people have had good success with low boost levels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New User. Gas for Breakfast. Acceleration problem...

Hello fellow Sabbers! I just have a slew of issues but I'll start off simple. My acceleration gauge isn't working. 1999 Saab 9-3. My trip meter and odometer are also frozen too. I'm thinking it may just be a battery issue, as it's about to be 3 years since I've changed it.

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
hi you are in the wrong forum, this is for the pre 1993 C900 forum, not the later GM900/NG900;ol;
but might be just the feed wire off

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe they are; there have been conversions from pre-facelift to post-facelift and vice versa before, since I think the chassis and rad support are the same, you just need the whole front end (signals, headlamps, grille, bumper, valence) from the style you choose.

li Arc

·
Registered
12,875 Posts
Some fenders have Airbag g-force sensor mounts, some don't. You can't interchange and it's a federal crime to disable the system.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where - exactly - do I find the identifying numbers for my transmission? Under / behind / next to which part(s)? I have looked all over and have not yet found it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Where - exactly - do I find the identifying numbers for my transmission? Under / behind / next to which part(s)? I have looked all over and have not yet found it.

Thank you.
It's on the top of the gearbox primary drive at the front as in the pic below. It will start GM (manual) or GA (auto) and is the label with the yellow bar code. You can find exact specs for your transmission number in this link; http://www.900aero.com/main/tech_main_tranny.htm
Click cancel to stay on the framed link.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
... and a not entirely unrelated question,

Any tips / heads-ups before I attempt to clean & degrease the engine? I have some spray degreaser, and think that using a pressure washer is a pretty bad idea.

Spray, wait, hose it down? Avoid the DELICATE HALL SENSOR, obviously... anything else?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Best results on a warm engine with spray degreaser. Use a stiff brush on thick grease. Leave for 5 or 10 minutes and hose off with water. Best not to spray on electrical parts, dizzy etc, although my engine stands up to it. If the engine is warm it helps these parts dry out if they get wet.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have no clue what is the right way to mount spare wheel/lift in the trunk. If someone have an image of it that would be great. Car is '90 sedan.

Never mind, fixed it somehow. Guess that I missed this thread.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have no clue what is the right way to mount spare wheel/lift in the trunk. If someone have an image of it that would be great. Car is '90 sedan.
There is a metal clip welded to the floor of the trunk that the jack clips into. It's raining outside otherwise I would take a photo.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Thanks, I managed to fix it there. Lift rod was not cooperstive but I used some zip-ties to fix it on top of the wheel so everything fits well.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Yes I know, but did I kill it with carb cleaner. Are you suggesting that I should use maf cleaner after I have used carb cleaner?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Ok. Thanks
The problem with carb cleaner is it doesn't evaporate immediately. I would try a MAF cleaner and let it dry completely

6801 - 6820 of 6851 Posts