SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 6851 Posts

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start.
A pillar, C pillar. Which is which and why?

·
Super Moderator
11,587 Posts
There's generally 3 pillars. A, B and C. A being towards the front (windscreen pillars), B being the middle (just behind the rear edge of the front doors), C at the back, forms the rear screen pillars on Saloons.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sort of figured as much, but I thought it might be something to do with the shapes of the letters.
Its ok, you can ask a stupid question too...

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Also, in the US, a wide C-pillar is sometimes called a sail panel :)

More trivia: The now-obsolete American body style called a hardtop had no B-pillars--it was basically a convertible with a fixed, integral steel roof.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
then why does my car run like frozen poop when the apc is plugged in?

and why does no one know in what order the vac. hosed go in and to where behind the dash

(stupid it was)

·
Registered
569 Posts
DanF. said:

and why does no one know in what order the vac. hosed go in and to where behind the dash

(stupid it was)
run like frozen poop... i'm still laughing... :lol:

·
Registered
818 Posts
The vent the cabin air, thats why the fan is alwayse on, to keep good airflow through the car, saab belives this keeps the driver alert :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
the vents also stop the car blowing up like a baloon when the fan is on

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Frozen poop can actually move pretty fast.. smack some with a hockey stick or a golf club, you'll see :)

--Jeremy

DanF. said:

(stupid it was)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lloyd said:
The vent the cabin air, thats why the fan is alwayse on, to keep good airflow through the car, saab belives this keeps the driver alert :cheesy:
I'm pretty sure they also drain water from the sunroof area. I was washing out the gaps between the sliding sunroom pannel and the roof, and a lot of dirt and junk came out the vents.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yeah I think your right about that, I dont have a sunroof :cry: So I wouldent know though

·
Registered
217 Posts
drg23 said:
the vents also stop the car blowing up like a baloon when the fan is on
wow, those Saab designers think of everything :p :roll:

really though, the vents are completely enclosed (to airflow)...maybe they do drain the sunroof.

BTW, avatar is the Floyd album Wish You Were Here with my 900 superimposed...she does run a bit warm :cool:

thanks
s

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Flung:

Boy, this is a question that I've seen several times on the board, try searching for 'turbo conversion' or something like that for more info, but, generally, the conversion requires:

1. Turbo
2. ECU from a turbo.
3. Turbo manifold and exhaust stuff.
4. Lube modifications (the turbo needs oil, y'know)
5. A turbo wiring harness for the controls, etc.
6. Engine mods as required for the higher compression
7. APC or passive blowoff valve

Generally, this is thought to be much too difficult to make it worth your while. Even people with a turbo donor car generally find it a real pain just to swap a turbo engine into a N/A car from what I gather.

1 - 20 of 6851 Posts