SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Thanks! I figured they were running lights. Both bulbs look good, but they don't turn on. :confused: I'll have to work on that later.

I have a passenger seat stuck with the seat way back now. The adjustment "knob" is broken and I'm not sure what to trigger to get it to move forward again. :lol:

Time to do more forum digging.

Thanks again for the reply!
Hey,
Just noticed you're in Colorado.
Where in CO are you?
A bunch of us are between the C900's and 9K's, and we try to get together every once in while to have a wrench-a-thon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

mine's a CSE too, my98, (but it doesn't have a rear wish wiper :roll:always thought that was kind of weird since it's a CSE model).

Yes, the Aero seats were from a my97.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I have a passenger seat stuck with the seat way back now. The adjustment "knob" is broken and I'm not sure what to trigger to get it to move forward again. :lol:

Time to do more forum digging.

Even with the seat all the down there is usually just enough room to access the control wiring. The blue & blue/white pair supply the motor which drives the seat bottom forward and aft. I don't remember which wire is for which direction.

Just cut one of them and apply 12VDC. If it moves forward - good. If it moves back, cut the other wire and apply power - it will go forward.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Even with the seat all the down there is usually just enough room to access the control wiring. The blue & blue/white pair supply the motor which drives the seat bottom forward and aft. I don't remember which wire is for which direction.

Just cut one of them and apply 12VDC. If it moves forward - good. If it moves back, cut the other wire and apply power - it will go forward.
I got lucky. There's a white tab that I was able to grab with a pair of needle nose pliers. I was able to wiggle it to make the proper connection and get the seat to move forward. The switch is broken off completely, so at least not, no one can bump it on accident and move the seat. :lol:

Just one more piece I'll have to add to the "order it in the future list."

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is the little power vent to the left of the heater controls for?

1994 9000 CS (low pressure turbo, almost like having none)
there is a little power vent to the left of the heater controls that runs at unpredictable times what is it for?

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
That whirring noise.....

Sensor, ACC.
It senses the temperature of the cabin by sucking the air across a diode or thermistor ( can't remember which ). It runs during travel and also a few minutes after you have switched off everything. If you can hear it, it prob. needs cleaning/lubricating/replacing; lots of posting on this topic.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Replaced the transmission mount bushing with the two piece poly from Pro-Parts Sweden.
http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/39955/Transmission-Mount-Polyurethane-62345312PU/

It seemed like the diameter of the new bushing was too big to fit inside the metal shell of the old bushing. (After the hell of doing the rear suspension bushings I don't look fwd to pressing another saab bushing as long as I live...)

Was I supposed to cut and burn the rubber out of the old bushing and insert the new into the old shell?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
To answer my own question...

Took the tranny mount off and reverified everything. Cut and burned the old bushing out of it's sleeve just to make sure and...

The pro-part bushing is bigger than the outer diameter of the sleeve, much less the inner diameter--no way would it go in.

I think the issue is that Pro-Parts made a "universal replacement" bushing--it will work on both the pre & post '94MY transmissions. Clearly it will work better on the pre '94s.

I did discover with the warmer temps yesterday that it reinstalled more cleanly then the first time--the split is more evenly spread at the clamp.

There's less vibration at idle and it shifts into reverse more smoothly as well.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
A stupid question maybe but I'm never afraid to ask them ;)

What is the little rubber eyelet strap thing in the cargo area on the right side hanging off the back of the speaker box? Can't figure out what or why on it

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
A stupid question maybe but I'm never afraid to ask them ;)

What is the little rubber eyelet strap thing in the cargo area on the right side hanging off the back of the speaker box? Can't figure out what or why on it
Should be a corresponding tab on the spare-tire deck lid to hold the lid up while you access whatever you keep in the tire well...

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Should be a corresponding tab on the spare-tire deck lid to hold the lid up while you access whatever you keep in the tire well...
That's the kind of clarity of thought I lacked when looking up instead of looking down ;)

And thanks for not just saying RTFM :lol:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
:cheesy: Had to look up 'rtfm'
There actually is some really good info in the owners manual I've not seen anywhere else about how the cars supposed to work...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Noob Question

Hey guys, I got interested in saabs, especially the 9000 cse, Aero, etc... This is a noob question but, how come some 9000CSE can only go up to 135mph? Is there some kind of limiter? Help me out guys, thanks!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hey guys, I got interested in saabs, especially the 9000 cse, Aero, etc... This is a noob question but, how come some 9000CSE can only go up to 135mph? Is there some kind of limiter? Help me out guys, thanks!
My speedometer only goes up to 135...

The engine redlines ~6000rpm (and there's a programmed fuel cut-out at 6000rpm) couple engine speed with your final drive ration and 5th sp ratio and this will give your theoretical top speed. Does your engine have enough power to overcome wind, weight, mechanical resistance to achieve this...?

The AERO is reported to go 149mph. I believe they came with a different final drive ratio to achieve this (and 25 more hp to push the taller gear).

I've had mine up to 120mph. I could tell I was exceeding the quality of my tires, and the condition of my front suspention...:nono;

You can reprogram the T5 to allow higher rpm--allow for more boost, change what rpm or boost pressure the ecu cuts the fuel off...

·
Registered
9 Posts
My speedometer only goes up to 135...

The engine redlines ~6000rpm (and there's a programmed fuel cut-out at 6000rpm) couple engine speed with your final drive ration and 5th sp ratio and this will give your theoretical top speed. Does your engine have enough power to overcome wind, weight, mechanical resistance to achieve this...?

The AERO is reported to go 149mph. I believe they came with a different final drive ratio to achieve this (and 25 more hp to push the taller gear).

I've had mine up to 120mph. I could tell I was exceeding the quality of my tires, and the condition of my front suspention...:nono;

You can reprogram the T5 to allow higher rpm--allow for more boost, change what rpm or boost pressure the ecu cuts the fuel off...
Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!

I have a strong gasoline smell coming from the two pipes that are located under the wheel arch where the gas filler is located. What are those pipes? Are they ment for some sort of EVAP system that is not installed in my specific 9000? Is this a security valve that is broken? How can I solve the issue?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys,

I am not sure if it is a big deal but I figured this would be a good thread to ask!

My clutch sometimes "sticks" about halfway when driving. It hasn't happened very often, but it would be nice to figure out what's going on with it.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hi guys,

I am not sure if it is a big deal but I figured this would be a good thread to ask!

My clutch sometimes "sticks" about halfway when driving. It hasn't happened very often, but it would be nice to figure out what's going on with it.
You can check the mechanical linkage by pushing the clutch pedal by hand and a good flash light. While there see if the bracket holding the m/c is cracked...

More likely, it's the clutch disc itself hanging up on the shaft... or maybe I misunderstand.

Does the clutch plate itself stick or do you mean the pedal action?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts