SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Just for your piece of mind, i'd personally use a good quality engine flush (let the engine idle for 15 minutes, or take a quick spin around the block), and then replace the filter (always use Saab OE filters) and replace the oil with a fully synthetic 0W-30 or 0W-40 (Mobil 1 or Saabs own "gold top" oil are favourites). If you get a shop to do the work, make sure they don't suck the engine oil out, let the oil run out of the pan via gravity, and make sure they use a new washer on the sump plug. Check the PCV pipework as well, its relatively cheap to replace and will allow you get some sleep at night!! :roll: :cheesy:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
If i remember rightly, there's an extra hole on the mounting face that pattern filters don't have, what its there for i don't know, but Saab obviously put it there for a reason. Besides the OE filters are dirt cheap so there's no excuse not to use them. :cool:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
If you can squeeze the PCV pipework i'd suggest you get that changed as well, it should be solid to the touch. Don't panic though, it does'nt mean your engine's gonna sludge up imminently , its just a preventative measure. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.