SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently purchased a barebones black linear

1. i was wondering if comfort close was an option for barebones linears (pretty sure it isnt but why not ask)

2. other than tirerack.com is there any site with reasonably priced and styled 18 inch rims?

3. anybody know of any custom SmartSlot applications other than the icescraper cd holder or cup holder

thanks in advance for you help

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
1. No Linears of any model year no matter what options got comfort close in the USA.

2. Search the forum and you'll find plenty of sites.

3. I would check the saab catalog. That's the only place I know of that has items for the smartslot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for the reply
i was already pretty sure about the comfort close, and ive done many searches on wheels on the forums and still havent been sucessful
too bad no other companies make add ons for the SmartSlot seems there could be lots of cool things one could do

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
JamaicanGanja said:
too bad no other companies make add ons for the SmartSlot seems there could be lots of cool things one could do
Im sure this has been done before - but what would you do with the smartslot (apart form the Ipod Holder)? In fact i gonna start a whole new thread, with a poll if anyone give a s*%t a send it to that new 'Saab Design Centre', or whatever its called in Trollhatten!

·
Registered
638 Posts
18 inch wheels will do nothing but drain your pocketbook... Id make sure the car is paid off before spending money on it.

I saw an "arm" that attaches through a cup-looking thing. You could use the cupholder smartslot hold this item (someone undoubtedly knows what it is), and then use it to hold whatever you might ever want.

JMH

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as i have driven the car more and more i have become more and more partial to the standard 16 inch linear rims

as for the SmartSlot, i was just wondering because it seems so strange to me that they would put the time placing it in the car with only having a cd holder ice scraper and an uneeded cup holder as options for it...... but then again, they dont pay me to design cars for a living

·
Registered
638 Posts
too true!

Other than the cup holder smartslot, I cant think of a good way to hold my satelite radio and/or minidisc player. I too would like to make use of the slot.

If I ever figure out what that cupholdeer into an electronics mount thing is, Ill post it here.

Good luck,

JMH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts