SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Questions about BSR Opti-Flow, Subframe Brace & Brake Pads

Good morning! Think this is my first post in this particular forum. I just ordered the BSR PPC (yeah!) & was looking into the Opti-Flow & had a few questions:
  • Besides the cool sound, what else can I expect from installing the Opti-Flow? Will it help any with the turbo lag?
  • Also, since PFS doesn't have it listed anymore for my 2003 Vector, where else can you purchase it? Has anyone try ordering it directly from BSR & have it shipped here to the States?
Secondly, has anyone installed the 3pt Subframe Brace from GenuineSaab.com? Is it worth trying?

And lastly, I was looking at brakes & noticed that the have an added date of 07/30/05 for Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pads 9-3 S, are these new & improved brakes? Has anyone tried them yet?

Think that's it...any input would be greatly appreciated...trying to learn a little bit about tweaking my car, this is kinda fun! :D

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
You know with all honestly thats the first time i know that the 3pt subframe brace and the ceramic brake pads even exist on Genuinesaab.;oops:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vector-SS, can you tell that I was doing a lot of poking around this past weekend? With both parts, looks like they might be fairly new parts (the brace has an add date of 05/31/05 & the brakes 07/30/05). This is why I thought I would throw the questions out there to see if anyone has tried them. And I'm really interested in finding out about the Opti-Flow, think everyone has me sold on the fact that I'm going to love the PPC.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The brakes have less dust, but do not specifically offer any improved stopping power. Also, I do not believe they fit an Aero/Vector... only the Linear/Arc. I might be wrong on that second part. I seem to recall seeing that in a previous listing for replacement brakes.

The optiflow seems to add a bit of responsioveness at higher RPMs, albeit at a slight hit off the line. Lots of noise, and a slightly different torque curve, according to the butt-dyno.

Dunno about the subframe brace. The price is really good, but the device itself *appears* a bit on the spindly side, to me. I wish it were just a little beefier. I have not noticed any ecessive flex without it, so have not gone that route. Coming from a '99 SE, the SS is far stiffer to me, still.:roll:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks voodoochile...the Opti-Flow seems cool, but I'm not sure if I really want people to hear me coming :D I still might look into it more if it could help with that lag (think that's the only thing that I warn people about the 9-3s)

And I'll have to check into the brakes a little more as far as it being available for what models...so these are the ones with less dust, excellent.

As for the subframe, I think I might give it a try...I'll possibly get my wheels from GenunineSaab.com, so I'll just order it then

·
Registered
130 Posts
misskai said:
Secondly, has anyone installed the 3pt Subframe Brace from GenuineSaab.com? Is it worth trying?
My order is in process. After looking at the one used in the convertibles, the one from Genuine SAAB seems less likely to flex (rounded steel versus corrugated). There is allegedly some minor drilling to expand the holes, but otherwise should be a direct bolt on. I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weiVA, definitely let us know what you think. Like I said, I think I'll try it out whenever I get wheels, which seems to be soon since I'm needing tires soon.

On a sidenote, I got the BSR PPC in yesterday...all I can say is "Ah...much better..." That extra pep makes a difference...just wish something would smooth out accelerating from a stop. Otherwise, transitioning has definitely improved...I like... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts