SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the spring isolator/spacer that goes on the bottom of the front springs necessary (I'm putting in Eibach/Koni yellow FYI)? I don't see it on many people's install parts list, just a few. The damned things are on backorder and no dealer or site I've tried has them in. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If its the part that actually goes around the end of the spring and makes contact with the base of the damper then its highly recommended...keeps the spring from slipping out the bottom and holds it on nice and secure. I had to replace mine because they actually broke on my stock set, and the spring fell through...sounds weird but it was prettttty f'd up. If you don't put it on its just the little tab that holds them in. Its just safer but not entirrely necessary.

·
Super Moderator
20,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if some appropriately sized silicone tubing would work if slit....

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Have you tried thesaabsite? I bought them a couple months ago from them and they showed up within a couple days. I have a feeling you'll get a lot of creaking without them installed.

·
Super Moderator
20,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried thesaabsite? I bought them a couple months ago from them and they showed up within a couple days. I have a feeling you'll get a lot of creaking without them installed.
I did order from them after we spoke about this on the last suspension thread. I waited and waited. Finally they let me know they didn't have them and didn't know when more would arrive. My dealers don't have them, PFS doesn't have them, EEuroparts doesn't have them......

·
Registered
2,136 Posts

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Just peel the old one off the original springs. Problem solved... Just did that on 9-3teas car they fit right up.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I did this too the first time I replaced my springs. Glad I had replacements though because this last time around the originals were just about worn through and not in the best shape.

·
Super Moderator
20,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just peel the old one off the original springs. Problem solved... Just did that on 9-3teas car they fit right up.
I can't feel one on the intact spring. The other one broke and there was nothing on the base of it.

·
Super Moderator
20,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
in your really concerned, goto home depot, lowes, any hardware store just get half inch vinyl or pvc tubing slit it down one side and slid it on. that should work just as well and will cost you 50 cents.

·
Super Moderator
20,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
in your really concerned, goto home depot, lowes, any hardware store just get half inch vinyl or pvc tubing slit it down one side and slid it on. that should work just as well and will cost you 50 cents.
Thanks. That is likely what I will do.

I actually found a set on ebay. $40!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts