SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took off my spark plugs and put in new ones and I noticed the smell of fuel on one of them. I also replaced the valve cover gasket due to the plugs being full of oil. I saw some orange o-rings when i removed the spark plugs but two of them are missing. I was looking for the part number for them, If anyone knows it?

Second part of the story is that I had the infamous code on all 4 injectors and a code on the turbo solenoid that I replaced already. I also cleaned the injectors as well. I also bought another ECM unit too.. Im still getting engine shake and the check engine light is blinking. Do those orange o-rings inside the cylinder head where the spark plug screws onto cause that? I cant seem to figure this out. The check engine light blinks and the car just shakes on idle, but when I accelerate at a high rpm, the shake goes away. Need alot of help here.. thanks

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
So u replaced the ECU or u just had it and put it on the shelf !!

Orange O-rings !!? Cant remember if i ever saw orange Anything there..
U should've had a photo..
Hope u r not talking about the weather seal from the coils connectors (which is more like a Rectangle.

Other than that, maybe an aftermarket spark plug tube seal or screw grommet..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I will just take it to a shop tommorow to check the codes. Yes, the ecu is new and its reprogrammed to my ecu specs. Also, the ignition coil wires gasket thing is rectangle but it's not that one that's in the sparkplug hole. The rectangular orange ring is missing on some of the ignition coils but I guess that's just for weather purposes.. here is a pic of the sparkplug holes, one with a ring on it and the other without.

Notice that orange circled oring on that first pic?

Do those make a difference in the spark? I wonder what part numbers they are.

Yesterday I noticed a white ashy looking spark plug when I removed them. Something is not right.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O no they are all Ngk's and they are gapped. If you notice it's the orange oring around the plug is that I'm talking about.. notice there isnt one on the other? I dunno

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Is it the crush ring from a previous plug still stuck there?

"Yesterday I noticed a white ashy looking spark plug when I removed them. Something is not right."

From blowby like it had been blown out, like the whole plug was ashy and burn or just the tip in the cylinder head?

How long have you had the car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts