SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been a member of Saab Central for over ten years, however I have never really figured out how to utilize the site. I am a proud and original owner of a 2002 9-3 SE that I purchased new in 2002. I believe it is the last year of the 5 door body style. It has ~125K miles on it and runs like a top, including the Turbo. It has ALWAYS been garaged! I have done the majority of the expected and routine maintenance on it, as one would expect with this vintage. I have had CV joints and alignments done professionally because I don't have the equipment for that. I love the car, but live in Maine now and would like to upgrade to AWD vehicle. (We have a very steep driveway, and very long winters.) Rather than sell locally to somebody who will not appreciate this car, I would like to sell it to an enthusiast who would like to keep improving or restore it. The body and interior are in very good shape for a car of this age. There are no punctures, rips or sun damage cracks on the interior and the body is good. I have replaced and repaired the SID three times over the years, the last time being last year, and it is perfect right now. Everything still works, including the radio antenna! The 2002 rims were unique and mine are straight, but show normal wear for this vintage. I run an earlier year set of Saab 9-3 rims with snow tires in the winter, which I will include. My question is, how do I post this on this web site so I can reach Saab enthusiasts. I am not trying to subsidize my retirement on this sale; I would like to sell it to an enthusiast basically for the same price I could get for it from somebody who needs transportation to school or work. I just want to sell this car to somebody who will love it as much as I do.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You'll need 10+ posts and some positive rep before you can post a classified. I think that's in the forum rules.
You've done the right thing by coming here first because we (members on the forum) generally love SAAB's and want to see them go to good homes.
I suggest to take some good photos and note items like the VIN, engine type (eg B205R) etc. You'll get lots of people asking technical items so its handy to have the photos and VIN to to back it up.
Service history is key for some models - in particular those prone to oil sludge.
I hope you get a good price and it goes to a happy home.
Best of luck.
Mort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd be interested in it. I've been looking for a first gen 9-3 for a few months now. But the make or break thing for me is if it's a manual or automatic model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts