SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very sad to say I'm probably going to scrap or sell my baby. I figured I would ask you guys one question... how much (ball park) would it be to replace my saab 900 ball joint and axle? I was quoted $800, does this sound right?

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
With new OEM parts I suppose that's about right. However, you can get a remanufactured Cardone Axle for under $100 after the core charge is processed. If you get one of those and a ball joint/control arm from eeuro or Rock Auto, you should be able to get that cost down considerably.

I wouldn't scrap the car for those 2 minor issues if everything else about it is solid. At the very least I'd sell it on Craigslist for someone who is mechanically inclined to fix.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With new OEM parts I suppose that's about right. However, you can get a remanufactured Cardone Axle for under $100 after the core charge is processed. If you get one of those and a ball joint/control arm from eeuro or Rock Auto, you should be able to get that cost down considerably.

I wouldn't scrap the car for those 2 minor issues if everything else about it is solid. At the very least I'd sell it on Craigslist for someone who is mechanically inclined to fix.
Yeah I just put some ads up. I think the catalytic converter is going to. This is sad...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts