SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an awesome 05 Saab 93 Linear, loved it but there were some problems that people were saying were $1500+, so I sold it. I have the chance to get an 04 Linear, they have a lot of service records and they said they have the receipt for an engine that was put in that has 132k miles on it, but the body has 220k.

I can get a really good deal on this and I was wondering if it would be worth it.

Is it worth it?

I want to change the rotors and pads, put coilovers, and get new cv axles, is there anything I should be concerned about breaking at that many miles?

Again, they have a lot of service records because they bought it at a dealership, carfax as well.

What do you think, do I take the deal? I miss my Saab :(

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I had an awesome 05 Saab 93 Linear, loved it but there were some problems that people were saying were $1500+, so I sold it. I have the chance to get an 04 Linear, they have a lot of service records and they said they have the receipt for an engine that was put in that has 132k miles on it, but the body has 220k.

I can get a really good deal on this and I was wondering if it would be worth it.

Is it worth it?

I want to change the rotors and pads, put coilovers, and get new cv axles, is there anything I should be concerned about breaking at that many miles?

Again, they have a lot of service records because they bought it at a dealership, carfax as well.

What do you think, do I take the deal? I miss my Saab :(
At 220K for the body, I would check and check again for rust spots. Mine has(had) quite a nasty rust spot on the sub frame. I said had because I was able to brush most of it away with a wire brush and re-paint it. I've been doing this for awhile now, touching up rust. Depending how the one you're looking at was kept, might have a bit of rust as well.

I would agree with the CV Axles. Can't say specifically what else to look for though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.