SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased a 2005 9-5 Arc on Ebay. I've seen pictures / specs and the VIN shows it to be a 9-5 Arc, but the car hasn't been delivered yet. The pictures show a "2.3t" logo on the rear, not the "2.3T" that would (per the owners manual) indicate the medium pressure turbo.

As near as I can tell the 2005 sedan was only available as an Arc or and Aero, while the 2.3t engine designation was for the Linear Wagon.

My question is: why does my car say 2.3t, not the 2.3T that the owners manual say should be the correct label? Carfax shows no reported accidents.

Was the 2.3t / 2.3T exterior trim interchangable at the factory? Does anyone have a 2005 9-5 Arc (US spec) that say 2.3t on the rear?

I know this is a small issue. Thanks for any help.

Alan

·
Registered
318 Posts
I believe they're all 2.3 (big T or little t). The Aero was at ~250hp and the Arc was at ~220 or 230hp I believe for 2005. After 2003 they dropped the V6 and just started strapping on different turbo chargers and tuning differently.

I could be wrong on this, but what difference does it make? If the Vin says it's an ARC, than it is and you'll have the appropriate engine.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
It was on the older designation 9000's and 9-3 that the little t denoted an lpt and a big T was the high pressure turbo model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. My main concern is that the car had been in an accident and the correct 2.3T logo had been replaced with the incorrect 2.3t trim piece on the trunk. My concern is less for the engine / horsepower than for the possible unreported accident.

By the way, the sticker on the gas filler shows that premium fuel is required, instead of the regular gas that the 2.3t turbo engine (Linear wagon?) would use.

The 2005 owners manual say 2.3t logo designates the light pressure turbo and the 2.3T as the medium. A "Turbo" logo is for the high pressure version

Alan

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I thought the T was only for high pressure... I am certain they are all 2.3T. I have never seen a "Turbo" logo on the high pressure cars.

The 05 Arc has the same engine and turbo as the Aero, it's just detuned a bit.... with new software you can actually get it up to the exact same power levels.

·
Registered
313 Posts
As far as I've seen and read the 2002-2005 9-5 Aero's do not display either 2.3T or 2.3t on the car any where.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts