SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi have a 2005 saab 9-3 aero and i recently replaced the battery and didnt have any issues. but i was asking myself a good question. what if u drain your battery all the way ? how do you unlock the car ? any response will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
You have a metal key that pops out of your fob. Hold down the griffen symbol and pull the end out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do have the metal key but where does it go, my car just has a plastic there where a normal key would go. it doesn't have the hole. i haven't tried to remove it but it doesn't seem to be removable.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Your smart key is actually two parts, the electronics and a metal key. Pull on the top of your smart-key and the metal key will come out. Use that in the door handle. If you are lucky and still have the plastic key hole cover on the door handle you might not have noticed the key hole there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your smart key is actually two parts, the electronics and a metal key. Pull on the top of your smart-key and the metal key will come out. Use that in the door handle. If you are lucky and still have the plastic key hole cover on the door handle you might not have noticed the key hole there.
i guess i still have the plastic cover on the hole so i havent noticed. thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I understand that along with the "electric boost turbo", "As Seen on Flea Bay", the keyhole covers can increase the top speed by at least 1/8'th miles an hour at top end just with the increased aerodynamic properties. They aren't to be taken lightly.

I don't think I'd want a piece of plastic that intruded into the key hole. I have never seen one of these were they for shipping?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts