SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how much change do our cupholders carry at full load anyway?

:cheesy:

(In your own currency, of course)

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
$0.00, unless you count the shallow dent in the center "armrest" or the little grooves in the glove compartment.

The secret compartment is usually filled with gas cards, which can be either a huge value or a source of negative wealth, depending.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure about the dimes and quarters, but I'm pretty sure it's 10 nickels deep :cheesy:

70c toll each way to work, so the change holder has become my best friend.. It just never stays full long enough for me to have estimated the dime/quarter capacity :cool:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Change ?
Coins ?
I spied a quarter on the floor yesterday - did not bother to pick it up....Note that in some cases the bank is next door to the gasoline station..
Next, the two will be combined - people will go into debt to buy gas !

JMarkert, I do not know of the "secret compartment" - what/where, pray tell, is this ??
Does anyone here remember the old 96s/95s trash bins (1970s)..

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Earthworm: Maybe it's just a '94 thing. It's between the seatbacks, at the back of the console, just in front of the air vent for the rear seats. I think newer ones have the "cupholder" there.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Don't need to look for change £ or $ - you know it's all in the gas tank :cheesy:

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
You use cash? how vulgar :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a crapload of pennies in my cupholder... Because apparently pennies are too worthless for the changeholder in front of the cupholder (they are worthless, but I have nowhere else to put them :D)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know for a fact that the cupholder in the 9-5s hold at least $5 in quarters.Does anyone know how to fix or what the cost would be to fix the cup holder that is by the radio in the 9-5s? A friend of mine, who had never even heard of a Saab twisted it the wrong way vs. and snap. The cupholder is still in its place but it won't hold anything because it just spins around and around...

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
390 Posts
On my 01 9-3, its $6.75 (yes i actually just went and counted when i read this thread.) 16 quarters, 20 dimes, 15 nickels. I was bored.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
miochza said:
I have a crapload of pennies in my cupholder... Because apparently pennies are too worthless for the changeholder in front of the cupholder (they are worthless, but I have nowhere else to put them :D)

same here, I dump all my change into there, then pluck out the quarters, nickels, and dimes and the pennies i eventually throw away :roll:

·
Registered
275 Posts
sethsev7n said:
same here, I dump all my change into there, then pluck out the quarters, nickels, and dimes and the pennies i eventually throw away :roll:
wow..looks like many ppl are throwing away coins!! ehmm hmm my address is 86 ### cres ### scarborough #### m1#3#1

dump all ur coins at this address~ thank you!

i'm do allll u a favor~ lol

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I installed a real cupholder on the right side of the console using a modified 53 cents cheapie. It works in conjunction with using an insulated sleeve(1 dollar) on the water bottle or the large cup of coffee.. This works well, now I need a good space and set up for all the cassette tapes..

To do the cupholder properly, the entire car has to be redesigned, as it is simply too small inside( too narrow)..

That pocket on the seat front is a questionable idea - a place for ????

In NY state, a man can use the EZ pass system and have yet another bill to pay every month , but it is more convenient..

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Earthworm wrote:

In NY state, a man can use the EZ pass system and have yet another bill to pay every month , but it is more convenient..
I've got one, it works in NY, Mass, and other places too. I think I heard it'll work on the PA turnpike. Mine links to my credit card, so I don't get an extra bill.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
EZ pass works anywhere you see the "EZpass" sign.. and its all up and down the northeast coast/PA turnpike.. not sure where else

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I call it the weed pouch, but I use it for Tollway and parking tickets.

Thanks Pete for counting your change!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts