SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I have a question, and heres my story: my gf's father and I were driving, struck a piece of concrete(small) that had fallen from a truck, and the rear driver tire blew out. no biggie, as I was calling my office Dave decided to help out and jack up the car, he didnt look at the jack point closely, and placed the jack outside of the box. Im sure you can tell what happened next, the jack pierced the plastic and left a nice 3 inch hole in the plastic. my question is should I replace this piece? will it cause any more damage if left alone? winter is coming, and the threat of salt and ash makes me worry about long term damage. what do you guys think? if it needs replaced anyone guess how much? if it is a significant amount to replace I might go for aero side skirts,front/rear valance. to sum it all up, not the best morning......:cry:

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
I would go through winter with it, particularly since you are considering a different trim package anyway. If you see it getting packed with salt/cinders you could always flush it intermittently with water. And there's always the stylish duct tape bodywork option which seemed to be all the rage when I lived in Philly.
http://www.ducttapeguys.com/bodyshop/index.html

I do not think one winter's worth of exposure will compromise structural integrity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts