SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering sending in my ECU for a reflash from Nordic tune. From what I have been reading is that power/boost is limited in first and second gears on 9-3's, does anyone know if this still applies with the new programming from the reflash?
It would be nice to be able to take advantage of the increased torque by putting on some better wheels and tires.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Auto or manual?

If traction control is off, and you're in first gear in either transmission, you can usually spin through it after a tune. I had JZW do all my tuning, and he also has an aggressive version of the stage 1. You can ship your ECU in, or get a handheld tuner which is super convenient... I'd send him an email and ask him if you want more details on what the tune changes. He's pretty quick to respond.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks for pointing out JZW, seems like a lot better deal! I have emailed them and they know their stuff. He did say that they raise the torque thresholds in first and second gear, I assume with traction still on, but yeah I suppose just turning it off would do the trick as well.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Yeah try using JZW or Vtuner, both have good reputations. Also US companies with good customer service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts