SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy guys i just got a bov yesterday, it is the kind with six holes all the way around it. Anyway i put it on and it is not very audible and seems to only dump the air when my boost goes into the orange level is this normal, it might be dumping the air and i just can't here it at the lower boost levels i'm not sure, PLEASE HELP!!!Thanks again guys this forum has been a lifesaver since i got my saab!!!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Are you running stock boost? It may be an issue of the spring being too tight for the amount of boost you're running, if not it may be possible that you have it on backwards, which isn't that hard to do.

What brand is it? Forge?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no its not a forge not sure what brand, yeah i am running stock boost but the bov said it was rated for 6-17 psi which should work for stock boost shouldn't it? can i cut down the spring inside to reduce the tension? thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
It dumping in the orange is normal. Orange and red are boost, white is vacume.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Now when you say dumping, you mean when you let off the throttle right?

If so then everything is fine, as stated above, the white zone on your stock boost gauge represents that the system is under vacuum, meaning that no boost is being created, the orange is roughly where boost begins, and red is commonly known as over boost, which if running a relatively stock vehicle, should very rarely be hit.

So basically if you are saying that it only blows off in the orange/ red when you let your foot off the pedal, then everything is absolutely fine.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Your BOV may be quiet because of its design/build. Some brands like TurboXS are quite loud, while other brands make very subtle whoosh sounds.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
KSpark said:
Your BOV may be quiet because of its design/build. Some brands like TurboXS are quite loud, while other brands make very subtle whoosh sounds.
Very true, not all are created equally.

·
Registered
933 Posts
If you feel that it isn't loud enough just go stage fifty twelve running six hundred and sixty six PSI. Then when she blows every rice rocket within the closest 16 states will tremble in fear(as they rightfully should). The only problem with stage fifty twelve is you need a stage eleventy billion spec clutch and bigger balls than Clint Eastwood. Plus now you need the calipers of of a konegsseg, in reality you must run three calipers per roter. Now heat becomes an issue so you must route your A/C to your brake roters to keep them cool enough(you are making so much power at this point that a topfuel dragster doesn't have **** on you so the parisitic loses of the A/C running are not an issue) even then you might want to see if they make a "performance pad". There are also other problems: you must run a tire so wide that to turn a circle takes roughly 3 fortnights, and 62 power steering pumps. But...If you want to have a LOUD bov then there you go.

Have fun buddy, but seriously you don't have a problem. It will only make noise when in the orange or red.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It is purely a custom tune, and in order to be eligable you must do unspeakable things for Nick...

In Nicks defence he hopes you are female:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Corn Cob said:
It is purely a custom tune, and in order to be eligable you must do unspeakable things for Nick...

In Nicks defence he hopes you are female:cheesy:
Hahaha, I like the Taliaferros, but not that much. Maybe if I ever have a daughter I'll sell her off for the custom tune.

I am going to hell for sure now :nono;

1 - 15 of 15 Posts