SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have everything i need to turbocharge my S after parting a rusty turbo with a brand new turbo :cheesy:. i have just a few questions about the process, and dont worry, im not rehashing the same old ****...i have read many threads about, and have three questions...

1)whats the deal with the EZK ignition box? i have LH2.4. will i keep this box or dispose of it in favor of something else?
2) how hard is it to integrate the APC wiring into the existing wiring harness?
3) can i use the existing LH control box, or will i need to get one from a turbo? i am under the impression the they are pretty much the same.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, so i was scrounging around and found out a few things, if i am wrong someone correct me please...

use the ezk ignition system, but use a turbo dizzy with the vacuum advance modded (found thread on that). then run wiring from crank sensor to hall sensor in the the dizzy.

apc is pretty much standalone...just need to run all the wires right

and a lh 2.4 box from a turbo is a good idea, because the fuel curve is different.

did i miss anything?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Yeah, on points 2 and 3 you got it, although I have never had any experience with EZK, so I really can't comment on number 1. I wonder why saab never put that system (or a variation thereof) on the factory turbo cars, I guess they wanted to keep the timing conservative and play it safe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts