SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the funds to finally get a downpipe for a 2.0T.

My question is will a 3 in catless downpipe throw any codes(i have a stage 2 tune from Brew City Boost?) If it does what is the fix?

Also, i have a 2003 model, i have heard that there are 2 02 sensors, and a 3rd bung for a temp sensor or something along those lines. What do i do with that?

Lastly, who should i get a downpipe from, OBX is $400, GS is $480 with shipping. The OBX dp looks really weird being that the o2 bungs are after the flex pipe, is that true?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
47 Posts
G'day,

I bought a 3" Krona downpipe from Brew City Boost. I was nearly going to buy the catless version, but I thought I better not in case they bring in emissions testing is Australia. It comes with holes for the O2 sensor.

Installed it, along with the O2 sensor. Occasionally I get a CEL and the code reads "Cat converter below efficiency threshold". I think this actually might be because I've been to lazy, and cheap not putting the colder spark plugs in and gapping them closer.

I kinda expect to get CEL with the mods I'm doing. If you're really worried about this happening with you, I think you can put a spacer in with the O2 sensor?. Someone else might chime in.

I haven't bothered fixing mine as I'm about to do the 19T, I'll do it all then

1 - 2 of 2 Posts