SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ran into the problem of the exterior door handle not opening the door. I went to fix it and accidentally broke the "arm" to the driver side front door handle. I've looked for replacement parts and the only thing I can find is the whole handle setup for $100 minimum, which is too expensive for me right now.

And every site that lists the "arm" part by itself says it is no longer available.
So my question is, can I buy the "arm" piece for the driver side rear door and use it for the driver side front door?

The driver side front door handle "arm" part number: 4096061

The driver side rear door handle "arm" part number: 4096087

https://www.esaabparts.com/viewparts.php?searchpart=1&section=282733292

The above website lists all the door handle parts and their numbers. Also has a schematic of the door handle with exploded view.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I think the problem is no new parts. All available parts will be from wrecks. Also, the usual failure mode is fatigue failure of the hole containing the hinge rivet pin, I.e. the whole casting becomes junk. The part you broke rarely fails.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
That the part #'s are different indicates they are a different part.

Try your local junk yards. Many now have computerized inventories and you can see if they a 9K in the yard before you go there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts