SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will front carpet from a 4 door fit a 3 door? I found a beautiful 4 door exactly like mine, but mine is a 3 door. I want to take the carpet out of the front and put it in mine. As my heater core valve leaked and ruined my capet 5 years ago.

thanks

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Close enough ;)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The carpets are stained and warn bad. The anti freeze didnt help either. when I move the floor mats the carpet is like green

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
as stated, close enough. you may have to do a little trimming around where the rear doors would be...much better than green though :cheesy::lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
davidlytle said:
So does that mean they will fit?:lol:
Carpet for both models in 2 sections (front/back). 4dr carpets (at least '86-8) front sections cover the crossmember under forward sections of front seats, the 3 door does not. The cut/fit around front floor vents is affected.

I found pristine 3 door carpet for my 4 dr: back went in like a glove. Front mainly required cut/snip/sewing around floor vents. Only drawback is the front crossmember is exposed... which I've learned to appreciate as a feature. :cheesy:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help. I will probably just wait to find 3dr with nice carpet. Thanks though. But on the other hand the 4 dr is perfect

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
you would be surprised how some deep scrubbing with Laundry soap and hot water can bring the carpet back.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know I will give that a try first. Has anyone used any of that oxy stuff that is supposed to remove stains and all that too? my back carpet has some old grease stains

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
davidlytle said:
You know I will give that a try first. Has anyone used any of that oxy stuff that is supposed to remove stains and all that too? my back carpet has some old grease stains
I've tried various forms of carpet cleaner sold at the parts store, for oil stains it doesn't do much. Only really works on fresh spills... and even then not well.

If you have the carpet out of the car anyway, would it not be wise to give it a shot in the washing machine, with Oxy clean or bleach or something similar? You could goto the laundromat if you were concerned about the machine... They have those heavy duty industrial ones.

Edit - to be clear, I haven't tried it, my carpets are dirty so I was more curious... anyone tried doing this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts