SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did the 85 SPG's have tan leather interior here in the states? I am looking at picking up a really nice 1 owner 85 SPG, The guy is really nice and is selling it for the owner. I just dont know what questions to ask. I did ask him for the VIN to check with dealer to see if its an SPG. anything I need to ask or check out. Car has sat covered for a few years though. But he says paint is perfect and interior is really nice except for headliner. Any help would be nice. And Griff900 has helped with some PM questions as well. So thanks. It seems like it might be offical that I may be getting it as to why the thread

thanks again
david

<Edit> here is a picture

not the best picture, but the only...YET

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Of course elkparts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
85 SPGs were black and tan.... HMMMM.... dont mind if I do ................ ONLY!Ask him where the wheels went.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy has an 85spg himself and so does his brother. He said the car came with those wheels, he thought it was weird too and said they are rare wheels...no biggie I can always get the 3 star wheels

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
picture?

Yes black on tan. SPGs are awsome:D

3 star wheels:eek: . I say go for the 3 spoke wheels

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
davidlytle said:
thats what I meant
ohh. I was excited to see what 3 star wheels might look like

The car looks great, soccer ball wheels from earlier Saab days, they can be a nice touch, very strong too.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
davidlytle said:
What are the wheels on it now? what are they from?

I can't see it very well (the picture was taken at a funny angle)

I think the soccer ball wheels are from the old 99/early 900

A nice wheel for sure, well followed and desirable.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
They don't look like soccerballs. They look like aftermarket alloys, maybe even installed in the 1980's :lol: I think Enkei made something like that.

The style is similar to what Yugo had around 1991 :lol:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
They don't look like soccerballs. They look like aftermarket alloys, maybe even installed in the 1980's :lol: I think Enkei made something like that.

The style is similar to what Yugo had around 1991 :lol:
how can you tell from that angle and the size of the Photo??? do you have any examples of these wheels?

will probably be getting the super aeros if I get the car

·
Registered
834 Posts
David> Just so you know... 16" Super Aeros won't fit a 1985 SPG without changing the hubs and/or axle assembly. That's not to say you can't fit them, as some people have done so to the older c900.

good luck with the purchase!

sab

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
David> Just so you know... 16" Super Aeros won't fit a 1985 SPG without changing the hubs and/or axle assembly. That's not to say you can't fit them, as some people have done so to the older c900.
Are there 15" super aero wheels. I've seen them on ebay...will those fit? I will probably just get the stock 3 spoke wheels then as I really like keeping it stock. maybe put some lower profile tyres like 55 series

·
Registered
349 Posts
davidlytle said:
Are there 15" super aero wheels. I've seen them on ebay...will those fit? I will probably just get the stock 3 spoke wheels then as I really like keeping it stock. maybe put some lower profile tyres like 55 series
There are 15inch Aero/SPG rims but NOT 15inch super aero

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The one major concern I have if I get this car, is that I will need to part with my 87 c900 NA which for the past 3 months have put my heart and soul into. And a car I have owned for 7 years. I truely love my car, but cant have 2 its not economical or practical. I live in a city and cant have 3 cars. So I am torn, I really want to finish restoring my 900 but would have to put a lot into the body to fix the key marks down the whole side passanger side. and the dent on the driver side. and wheel arches. I dont know. part of me wants to just keep my 900. But I think I found a really good deal and its an 85SPG for 2400 I dont know. Tell me what you think. :cry:

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
davidlytle said:
how can you tell from that angle and the size of the Photo??? do you have any examples of these wheels?

will probably be getting the super aeros if I get the car
Hey do I know my **** or do I know my **** :cheesy:

Here's the Yugo I was referrencing... of course it is the Yugo wearing aftermarket rims that the Saab has not like the Saab has Yugo wheels :lol:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL you probably spent half the afternoon trying to find that. It sure proves you know a hell of a lot about yugos with aftermarket rims.:lol: congrats

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.