·
Registered
713 Posts
whats the stock gear ratios for the manual gearbox

·
Banned
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4 grand? damn i wouldnt know how to install it. id ask my dad but he never has time. hes alwasy busy at the dealership. hmm. i bet its tuff thing to do. but damn i want it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
bluv said:
The price 27000 sek =4225.62 us dollars according to the conversion chart at http://www.xe.com/ucc/ . Thats quite a bit of money. although it would be awesome to have. :eek::cheesy:

Brian
Keep in mind, 27 k is VAT excluded. The price i'd have to pay if i could afford it, would be 33 750 :- without shipping. A dollar in swedish crowns is roughly 6,90:-
In other words.. Its more like 5000 dollars, not 4000.
Cause you have to pay VAT, am i right?

Damn nice box tho, 740 nm.. Phew.. With a Quaife differential, imagine the possibilities!

·
Banned
736 Posts
"The 6th gear is actually slightly higher than Saabs traditionally very high geared 5th gears."

can you say 180mph+:cheesy:

·
Registered
130 Posts
nine said:
Keep in mind, 27 k is VAT excluded. The price i'd have to pay if i could afford it, would be 33 750 :- without shipping. A dollar in swedish crowns is roughly 6,90:-
In other words.. Its more like 5000 dollars, not 4000.
Cause you have to pay VAT, am i right?

Damn nice box tho, 740 nm.. Phew.. With a Quaife differential, imagine the possibilities!
We don't have to pay VAT, although there may be some import fees.

·
Registered
772 Posts
mfyoung said:
i don't like limited slip in a fwd car, extreme understeer anyone?
If setup properly understeer is no worse then w/o a LSD. At least that's the case with my SPG which has a trans that cost more then the car itself :(

It sucks going around a track doing 1 tire burnouts with the outside tire fighting to hold the car in line thus horrible understeer. It's EASY to controll a car where if it looses grip both tires slip, also a LOT easier to controll oversteer :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
A12 said:
I think the Cobalt 6 speed gearset is the same except the 6th gear is a little bit different ratio,so maybe if you could find someone importing those gearsets you could use that and save a little bit.
would those fit???

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
these are just gears for the stock saabs gearbox *housing*

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
It is gratifying to see that some companies have undertaken to tackle the most serious high power short-coming in these cars. I do not know how long they will be available as the cost will keep demand pretty low so they may lose interest pretty quickly. I hope I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
most people do not have 4000 dollars left lying around nor the 1000 dollars to have it installed or know how to make it work on their own

1 - 20 of 22 Posts